Update for y'all following me : )

Old 11-21-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update for y'all following me : )

People have let me know that they are following my posts even if they don't comment on them. So I'm not going to keep any tidbits to myself if it's possibly helping someone else. You are getting it all whether you want it or not! LOL

I really hope some of you out there are saying to yourselves: I don't ever want to be in her shoes. I don't want to make her mistakes. Don't feel sorry for me. I made my bed and have to own it the same way AH made his. There were things I could have done differently and maybe still should be doing differently so I hope you are reading that in my posts.

If you want the update on my post yesterday re: Why does my AH want revenge? and why my paycheck is going to be garnished, I posted there a brief update.

This morning out of the blue I got a call from the unit manager for the ICU unit my husband was admitted to when this all started. I forgot that I had called him when I found out my AH left against medical advice. That was about 8 days ago. He apparently forgot that my AH had cut me off from receiving info and decided today to just call me. So I let him talk.

Pretty much he told me my AH left on 11/12, he found out the process server was coming to serve him the divorce papers somehow and calmly asked his nurse to please unhook him from everything and take out his IV's so he could leave. That makes sense because that's the same day and how I found out from the process server he was unable to successfully serve my husband in the hospital. He also confirmed for me what I had guessed: his drug of choice is meth but he is also using coke and snorting whatever pills he can get his hands on.

They wanted to get him stable and then into rehab as well. Apparently he suffered from a lot of anxiety in the hospital and was going through some nasty with drawl. Of course he needed his fix so he accomplished two goals at once.

Now I'm working on finding out if any of his stay will be covered by insurance. Pray for me that it is please!

I'm doing better than yesterday when I found out my hard earned money for my daughters and I was going to be dipped into. I just keep reminding myself we are better off without the drama every day. I'll pay for that peace of mind any day. I'm an able bodied working person. We'll be okay. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My ex just filed for joint custody of our son and I'm getting ready to shell out the cash for a lawyer to represent me in the hearing (which is in another state). I hopefully have enough in savings to cover it, but I am willing to pay any amount to keep our son safe. Like you, I work to support my boys and can always rebuild the savings.
I have totally identified with a lot of your posts, especially the one about delusions of grandeur. My ex used to call me all the time and leave crazy messages threatening to move and leave the country and sell his house so no one would ever see him again. Too bad he didn't actually do that. It would save me a lot of money and worry right now.
We'll be OK. Hugs to you and your girls and thanks for the update.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm at the point right now where I just don't want to know if there are any more residual messes I need to clean up. Finding all this stuff out isn't doing me any good. It's just making me angry. I just hope when I call the process server on Monday, he attempted to serve the papers again and just got it done! I hate that there are other people out there like yourself that are going through similar things as my family is. It's unreal the consequences left for us to clean up on the way to just trying to feel "normal" again isn't it? Hugs and prayers right back at you!
Old 11-22-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm following you too, and want to suggest that if you have not already done so, please see a lawyer and find out what your rights are and how you can protect them. It's better to know ahead of time so you can plan your course and also know what you can and cannot do or what you own.

I am glad you are doing okay with all this. It's a hard road to walk but we're all walking with you.

Hugs
Old 11-22-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

sorry...duplicate post
Old 11-22-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will Ann. The lawyer my stepsister works for has been extremely helpful so we are going to have a few sit downs. Hoping to get in by him on Tuesday or so.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is terrible, I am sorry you are going through it I went through something similar with my ex husband with process server not being able to server him, as they could not find him. Well, he got arrested, they served him in jail and the judge awarded me physical and legal custody. I had to pay 7k and we didn't even make it to court, but it was worth it in the end. Good lawyer makes a huge difference.