Quick update

Old 11-19-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quick update

Hello. I wasn't sure if this warranted a post, but eh, why not? Nothing too exciting.

I've seen X on the weekends. We are not back together. We are not getting back together. Well, not anytime soon, I still can't bring myself to say never. He's putting in for jobs, and as far as I know is still doing well. I lent him my Xbox (it's a paperweight at my house, and he's taken good care of it).

Work. Not so great. At my job we are hired twice a year. I just got word last week that my boss is not hiring me for this next term. Not that he has to, but I can't help but think that had my boss given me a clear indication that he was going to replace me, I could have sent in a resume to our former coworker before she got her new hire, because I feel she would have jumped on that. (I knew this was coming, but just didn't know it was too late to get in with the other lady. He's hiring much more qualified staff for a new job--I can't say I blame him for hiring them and not myself). It's a bit more complicated than that but I don't want to bore you all to death or give away too much about what I do. On the plus side, my former coworker said that if her hire doesn't work out I'm her number one pick. She also fowarded my information to another office that is looking. But maybe I'll switch to a new field and get a job that doesn't relocate for four months out of the year. I at least have my job through the end of the year though.

I've been keeping up with swimming. My cousin has started to join me so now I have someone to go with. That makes it more fun. I ordered a waterproof iPod that should get here this week so I can listen to music in the pool. Pretty cool (if it actually works)!

The puppies are good. So cute!

I guess that's about it. Been trying not to think too much about X. It's like I see him and I get that fuzzy feeling again, and then I come home from the weekend (back to my "real" life) and that feeling fades off after a few days. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Yes, I know that I am doing this to myself!

That's about it. Nothing too exciting. No crisis and no happy ending.

Oh, and I think Alaska is about the only place without snow? It rained today.