Letting go of outcomes

Old 11-13-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Letting go of outcomes

Today I am going to a recruiter interview. Two weeks ago I went down in panic and anxiety after working for 4 weeks to get resume together and set up with 3 different kinds of interviews. I took a job that created so much anxiety and crying in me (it wasn't the right one) and backed out...which was good but took another 2 weeks until i got this recruiter call.

Back in the saddle and just focusing on my part...getting ready, being on time, showing up as fully as possible...and listening to my higher power and asking for help with my path and walk.

I am doing better...and hopefully the anxiety and lack of confidence won't show through...as it does (told my face is transparent)...turning all over to my HP.

I am going to go get ready now...and to simply pray the serenity prayer and to ask my HP for what is needed this morning.

Then I will come home and send out more resumes. Grateful that the anxiety and crying from fear are getting a bit better. Grateful for the new meds that are probably helping so I don't have to do it all alone as I usually try (scared of meds due to the addictive nature of the family genes on both sides but felt so rotten two weeks ago, reached out to doctor.

OK--back in the saddle again for today...just for today.

Working with my therapist is helping too...she is so non-judgmental that she is allowing me to do what comes and that is what works for me. I had her as an addiction group coordinator when we dealt with RAD crystal meth addiction 10-11 years ago...and it is a blessing to be able to feel safe.

Sending blessings to all here...
Old 11-13-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Irisgarden, I am crossing my fingers for you, that you make out well at the interview. If this job is meant for you, I think that will happen. If it does not, consider the experience of the interview alone helpful.

Personally, I too hate interviews and in spite of a very strong background of experience, I too can be nervous. Luckily I am almost retired and just doing a little freelancing now, so those days are behind me. But what helped me then and helps me now if I feel intimidated going into any situation, it to self talk beforehand and remind myself that I am a strong person and would be a good fit to many positions and that my ability to get along with people and learn new things will take me far.

Interview yourself keeping all of the above in mind. You know the questions they ask...most interviews are "Tell me your strong points, tell me your weaknesses and why would you be good at this job." Just talk it through to yourself...with confidence.

Even those horrible questions, like "tell me a little about yourself", are worth rehearsing because they can leave us speachless or stumbling.

"I am a dedicated worker who likes learning new things. I work well alone and as part of a team. I like nature walks and photography and listening to music." ...something like that is brief and covers your personality.

Those are just examples, but my point is that there is often work involved to preparing for an interview.

Also, questions to ask yourself as well. "Is this the kind of work I really want to do?" "Will this job be okay for a while until I find something more to my experience?" "Do the hours required fit my personal needs too?

And one thing I always have done at any interview...look around at other workers there and see if they look happy and are treating each other well and with respect. That can tell you more than words every could.

Now, after all this you are going to come back and say "I got the job!" aren't you? I hope so.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Ann--I got identified for a few possibilities that the recruiter (in accounting it is common to go through firms) will talk to his colleagues about. It was a good interview. I was much better than a few weeks ago...and it was good.

You are so inspiring and thank you...the tips are awesome ones.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I follow the instructions in the step 11

Asking for knowledge of gods will and the power to carry that out.

Then just try to stay out the way as best as I can.

The little bit of God in me...... "I in thee and thee in me " (other wise known as a conscience) is what tells me when I'm encroaching on Gods will.

Hope that helps with letting go.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Accounting is my game too, Irisgarden...I think we are twins separated at birth.

I am so glad it went well. It's a great field that allows you to choose from many different kinds of companies...everyone needs good accounting people.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hugs
Old 11-13-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hawks...thank you so much...it helps greatly...and need more (much more practice).

Ann...I knew we had some common ties...just from 'intuition'?

I have now let go and let God and am dealing with the next thing I have for today...which is a naranon meeting tonight...thank you!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sometimes, in deep discussions...people ask what I think is the
principal tool that enabled modern civilization to arise...

(fire? the bow? advanced agricultural methods? nuclear energy?)

Nope. My answer is double entry bookkeeping.....

there would BE no modern society without it.

(No accounting....no accountability....the wheels rapidly come off
ANYTHING resembling the modern world.)

And we have two high priestesses of this vitally essential art right here.

Do we roll in riches here at SR or WHAT!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sending my deepest and most heartfelt prayers that you get this job and your mind rests in peace and comfort that you will be provided all that you need. Bless you!