Finally registered

Old 11-12-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally registered

Hello everyone. I have been lurking for a couple of months and have not registered until this morning. I feel like I don't know where to start with my story, which spans over a quarter of a century now. First with my DH, who is a recovered crack cocaine addict (approaching 9 years clean) and then sadly on to my AS who is now "struggling" with his own demons, including but not limited to "H", which I have a hard time even saying or spelling out......

I have read so many inspiring and heartfelt stories and have decided to just jump in here as a starting point. I am without a doubt co-dependent and while I am well aware of this, I am also overwhelmed.....

So much more to the story, obviously, but I figured the first post would be the hardest, so one step at a time.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hello Whitewingeddove, welcome to SR.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Whitewingeddove!
Glad you posted, and glad you are here. I am sorry however for the pain, worry and fear you are having.

Good for your DH who is recovering 9 years! I hope that is a source of support for you, too. Are you going to Nar-anon meetings or any face to face support groups?

I can imagine your fear. My son is an alcoholic, and the sorrow of seeing our children addicted, no matter their age, is hard to deal with. I have just started Al-anon and am so glad I did.

hugs to you. Keep posting , and others will be here to share their e, s, and h with you.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I may have used the wrong acronym. Is AS (Alcoholic Son)? I guess I was thinking it was Adult son. Hopefully I will figure all of this out shortly.

Unfortunately there are no NarAnon meetings in my area.

thanks for the replies! I am going to try to tell more of my story as time goes on. Seems difficult to know where to even start.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

welcome to SR Whitewingeddove, sorry for the need but you have found a safe haven to share your story and find support. a mom here of as (addict son) and the simple fact of sharing with those who understand has been very freeing for me.

take your time, get comfy, read, relax and let your healing begin. i'm sending good thoughts to you and yours today and may you find moments of peace and joy in this new day.....