Just cant get ahead with the addict

Old 11-12-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just cant get ahead with the addict

So I was strong and broke it off with him. I woke up at 5:30 to him walking out of my bedroom with some of his stuff. Hes been gone 3 weeks now. After he leaves I realize he stole my phone off my bed that was on the charger!! Its not enough that he didnt pay the bills in 2 mos and I got an eviction notice 2 days after he left! I had no Idea he wasnt paying bills.
Funny thing is I was in the bathroom wandering if I made the right decision while he was moving his stuff lmao. I just cant believe It I live in the middle of no where with a 3 yr old and he steals my phone! I knew his broke last week so thats why he took it. I guess he wants to strip me of everything! HE still has stuff here and said he would be back to get the rest, this was before I knew he took my phone! Ugh Im left with nothing!!
I unfriended him on facebook I should have done that awhile ago I guess. Thought about blocking him
Old 11-12-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Did you report the theft of the phone to the police?
Old 11-12-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would say to report the theft too. it should not be too hard to track it down, unless he sold it.

Its a small price to pay, however, for freedom from the misery. I hope you are doing well. keep doing the right thing for you and your child, one day at a time. it gets easier.

welcome to SR. You will surely find others who understand and want to support you.

And depending on whether you live in the U.S. or not, you may qualify for a free cell phone, food stamps, rental assistance, etc. depending on your income.

best wishes!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes I called the cops. They said I would have to prove he took it. ugh They said they are going to tell him not to come back. So I dont know. Its sooo ugh As though he hasnt taken enough from me/ Accused me of being with someone else Is why I wont take him back. Of course its not because once again you are evil and didnt pay the bills and on and on. Cant be the drug use or hell that comes with it!!
Old 11-12-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Also maybe call your phone company and have them lock your account possibly.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah what hope said cut the phone off so he wont be able to use it... unless hes trying to sell it
Old 11-12-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Thought about blocking him
Don't think about it. Do it.