Oh my gosh

Old 11-10-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh

So after reading Lara's post and having a strong day my ABF calls and says can he come home. And stupid me said yes. Here is where my real decision is. When he comes do I tell him he needs to get help and until he does we cant be together. Or do I cave and try to be a strong individual and deal with it all over again. Dang it. It was going to be so much easier if he just kept out of contact. Why oh why now? I am anxious,excited,scared and confused all at once right now. Ugh. He must have a sixth sense. Knowing I was giving up and starting to take control of my own life. Does this happen often? Just when you make a decision they come back?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

They always come crawling back, always. Like I said, when the drugs and the money run out, they turn up.

Only you can decide if you want to do this again, because it will happen again and again. It's your choice to say yes. No is also a complete sentence.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Just when you make a decision they come back?
He didn't change your decision. You changed your decision.

Tell me, do you really want him around your baby?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its almost like he knows that no matter what he puts you through you will take him back despite the no contact for weeks. Are you ready to deal with this again?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

he touched base with you last week to set the stage....see if you are still under his power, promise to be right back and then no shows. not surprising that now that the weekend is over and the money and/or dope are gone, he needs somewhere to crash, clean up and have someone feed him and do his laundry. i presume he didn't find work while he was "gone"?

it'll be great for a few days....the HONEYMOON period....he'll pour on the sweet, be helpful around the house, and lull you right into a false sense of security. he may promise to never hurt you like that again. he may promise to quit, go to meetings, whatever. he may even promise to seek gainful employment. and there's always the slight chance that he not only means it but DOES it.

but his words don't mean jack sh!t. his actions will tell you everything you need to know.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What Anvil just said hit it on the head.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
he touched base with you last week to set the stage....see if you are still under his power, promise to be right back and then no shows. not surprising that now that the weekend is over and the money and/or dope are gone, he needs somewhere to crash, clean up and have someone feed him and do his laundry. i presume he didn't find work while he was "gone"?

it'll be great for a few days....the HONEYMOON period....he'll pour on the sweet, be helpful around the house, and lull you right into a false sense of security. he may promise to never hurt you like that again. he may promise to quit, go to meetings, whatever. he may even promise to seek gainful employment. and there's always the slight chance that he not only means it but DOES it.

but his words don't mean jack sh!t. his actions will tell you everything you need to know.
======================================
An Anvil encore......

have someone feed him and do his laundry.
(THAT'S classic!)

The good news, Mistyeye.....is that YOU and YOU ALONE
control how many of these groundhog days are in your
future.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Anvil can predict the future
Old 11-10-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

What if he doesn't show up? Again.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Misty, if you're determined to set boundaries it might be easier to do it on the phone than in person. Telling him you can't be with him will be much harder when you're already in his arms! Like you, I became very anxious while dating my AXBF. What stopped the anxiety was when I stopped picking up his calls.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dang it. It was going to be so much easier if he just kept out of contact.
Dang it....your life would be much easier if you would just block him from contacting you and be done with it.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post

"...set the stage..."

Cannot agree more.

Simply part of the constantly testing & probing/long con. And yes actions speak louder than words.

Many addicts and/or manipulators are constantly trying subliminal suggestion which means they will be constantly be planting ideas in your head for their future use. I can tell when his plan didn't work because he throws a mini tantrum complaining how messed up or fussy we are.

Here among other things is "I need a few days to sort things out, get my head together"-a month ago. In the meantime they hang around like a bored teenager even though an adult.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well now that you all have prepared me for what is coming it will be easier to see the red flag. I will always trust my gut. Actions do speak louder than words. He can talk till he is blue in the face but I need to see results. I am still going on with my life. If he decides to come back he will have to find his half of the rent. He will have to figure out how to buy his own food. He may not like this and leave and if that is the case then he was just using me again. So I will wave bye bye and that will be it. I will not be hurt like that again.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Actions speak louder then words, applies to you as well. Good luck.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Misty, this will be my final contribution to this thread.

I am very disappointed by what I believe to be an egregious lapse of judgment on your part. You have allowed your grief to hijack your reason. If you were the only one going to be hurt by this, I'd likely say nothing.

But you have a 10 month old son who needs to have a responsible parent to make the best decisions for him.

Tell me how allowing your son's father home is in the best interest of your son?

He took off for weeks, didn't tell you where he was, and he took off so he could feed his addiction. He put his addiction before you and your son.

Your grief and your anxiety led you to the hospital. And you're letting him come home?

There is no evidence that this man is ready to be a responsible parent, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest with a high degree of probability that he will leave both of you in the lurch again. AnvilHead maps out what will likely happen. I think she hit it on the screws.

And when it does, what are you going to do then? When are you going to allow your brain to know what it knows?

When you are compromised the way you are right now, there is no one that is able to make decisions on your son's behalf.

Grief is grief. I get that, I understand it, and I'm sorry that you've had such a difficult time absorbing what your ABF has done. But someone needs to have their sh*t together for the sake of your baby, and it sure as hell ain't him. The baby needs to come first, and by allowing the father home, you compromise the both of you.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by mistyeye View Post
If he decides to come back he will have to find his half of the rent. He will have to figure out how to buy his own food. He may not like this and leave and if that is the case then he was just using me again. So I will wave bye bye and that will be it. I will not be hurt like that again.
You may want to tell him this "before" he comes back. Once in, it can be very hard to get them back out again.

Good luck, this cannot be easy for you.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Mistyeyes this is a tough one. I am there with Zozo and Anvilhead. This is NO LONGER ABOUT YOU OR HIM. A child supersedes any adult in the room. There is NO negotiation. Children are on loan to us from God. They are precious gifts from God. To be cherished and handled 'with care'. All children are marked with invisible stickers 'FRAGILE'. Please seriously reconsider your decision. The consequences of your choice RIGHT NOW will influence the very core of your young child's soul. Even infants absorb their environment. Your child WILL absorb the negative energy. Addicts in active addiction are consumed by a force - an EVIL force. Do NOT expose your child to this.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well now that you all have prepared me for what is coming it will be easier to see the red flag
Sadly that big old red flag is waving right in front of your eyes, you just don't want to see it.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Mistyeyes,
We all understand how difficult this is......truly.
It is the cause of perennial and dynamic tension
both here on SR, and anywhere this subject is
discussed----- and one that even the
best diplomat would have difficulty navigating.
You know in your heart what your primal and
first duty is. But what we know in our hearts is often
very difficult to translate into reality.
God bless your little one----and God give her
Mom the strength to make the very best decisions
possible.......in the fog of battle.

Some of us (like me!) are old....some are young.
But we all know addiction.....and that this way
something very wicked comes.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vale View Post
Mistyeyes,
We all understand how difficult this is......truly.
It is the cause of perennial and dynamic tension
both here on SR, and anywhere this subject is
discussed----

Some of us (like me!) are old....some are young.
But we all know addiction.....and that this way
something very wicked comes.
VALE YOU ALWAYS POST WITH SUCH KINDNESS AND INTEGRITY AND WISDOM. THANK YOU