My husband used herion

Old 10-22-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My husband used herion

I'm crushed I feel like I lost him forever . Please tell me that there is hope is there a chance he will get through this he now has 5 days clean . He detoxed at home and went through it bad maybe that pain he won't want to feel again ? Is there a difference in Wd between that and pills ?
Old 10-23-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Open,
I'm sorry to hear that your husband used. Try not to future trip ( forever is a very long time). I don't know what the future holds, but I do know that you can make the decision to be ok, regardless of what your husband chooses.

There is always hope and hope is not a bad thing. Expectations that rely on another's choices can get you into trouble.
Stick around, there will be others around to soothe your soul.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by openmind121 View Post
I'm crushed I feel like I lost him forever . Please tell me that there is hope is there a chance he will get through this he now has 5 days clean . He detoxed at home and went through it bad maybe that pain he won't want to feel again ? Is there a difference in Wd between that and pills ?
Openmind...

Building off what Cece shared with you, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Heroin does not let go without one hell of a fight.

There are several members here who have been where you are. Seek them out and seek out their experience and knowledge. It could very well save your sanity.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

With the research I have done Oxi and heroin are the same. However, using with IV needles ups the hold on the addict and makes it harder to break the habit.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There is always hope, but you need to have that hope for you more than anything, that you can get through this too. Intact, happy, productive and thriving …

I think everyone hopes that their loved ones will make it, whether they are in one’s life or not.

While 5 days clean is a start, it is like a tiny blimp, a second in time. And all that pain of wd is most certainly never ever a guarantee that he won’t use again. Heroin wd is always an incentive to use, not stop. The physical actually much easier than the mental that surely will come …

Is there a difference between pills and heroin? That might be a loaded question Addiction is addiction, high is high and for many no matter the drug there is a ritual attached which does play in, at least I think. Heroin is just a chameleon, it can be straight up heroin which is one thing on the chain of opiates/opioids in strength or china white, which is a fentanyl base and that is top of the line, nothing stronger available on the streets. But in the end, it still goes back to addiction is addiction and high is high …

Dare I say you are asking the wrong questions, although I do understand the need to understand. I remember having a hard time getting and keeping the focus on me until I put him and heroin in some place in my head I could accept in that moment. So I will ask are you ok? And what do you think you may need in this moment to be ok if you aren’t?

Take good care of you!
Old 10-24-2014, 01:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for answering I couldn't get to a meeting this Tuesday . I been battling with him for years over the Oxys and just recently the past two years he got really strange and was doing crazy things . I decided to get a hair sample w/I him knowing of course. And It came up moderate abuser .. I was shocked still am although everyone said that he would end up doing that . He didn't use by needle but I'm sure if I hadn't got that result it may have been next. I'm scared I'm lost an feel so much resentment but feel so bad that he got that bad .. It's hard to accept I never in a million years would if thought he would he says only a couple times which I know is a lie . I wonder weird things like how long how many times stuff like that .. I don't want to push those on him he's now 6 days with nothing in him and what a difference in his eyes.. I'm so glad to see him and he is so upset and emotional I feel horrible even feeling like it may be the end . I know I can't give any more chances after this I been through hell for so dam long. He is sorry I can see it but I'm mad and sad at once .
Old 10-24-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm sorry you are going through this and glad you are going to meetings, meetings helped me find my balance and make better choices with my addicted son.

Taking care of you is most important, you cannot control what he does or does not do in the future but you can have a plan in place for what you will do if the insanity continues.

Prayers out for both of you