Here and Now

Old 10-19-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Here and Now

Here

Here is a day that is like no other. Here is a moment that you can fill with life.

Here are treasures ready to be uncovered. Here is the opportunity to truly live.

If you seek to place a judgment on this day, you will no doubt find some things wrong with it. If, instead, you gratefully accept it for all that it is, you’ll find this day overflowing with richness.

If you wait for circumstances to be perfect before moving forward, you’ll do much more waiting than achieving. If, instead, you make the most of what you have here and now, life will be full indeed.

You are here, in this place at this time. There’s something unique and wonderful that you can do with it all.

Let go of the thought that everything you need, everything you desire is out there somewhere beyond your reach. And you’ll find that it is here.

— Ralph Marston
Old 10-19-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb

Let go of the thought that everything you need, everything you desire is out there somewhere beyond your reach. And you’ll find that it is here.
That last sentence knocked me off my chair this morning and got me out for a walk in the sunny and chilly autumn beauty that surrounds me. I saw a flock of geese flying overhead, not quite ready to fly south but trying out different geese in different positions as they formed their "V" and flew overhead. Watching the stronger older geese move the younger ones, mid air, to take the hardest part of the ride, right behind the leader where the wind resistance is not yet maximized...and watching the young ones do what they wanted instead of what they were told....I could have sold tickets, it was so amusing and yet just life and nature doing what life and nature does.

I might have missed the show if I had remained where I was, waiting for life to become more perfect for me. I am undergoing some medical treatments now and in the near future and it is just too easy for me to put "life" on hold until "after" the procedures are done.

I really needed this reminder, and I shall not soon forget, that life is always about today, about now, about living our life one day at a time and not missing the beauty in any single sunrise waiting for more perfect days ahead.

Here and now, it's what we each have, and my here and now became extraordinarily lovely just watching the geese overhead this morning.

Not my picture but much like this...I do love Canadian geese.

Hugs
Old 10-19-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Ann for both of ur posts and
the picture of the Geese. I smiled inside
knowing that Im not the only one who looks
to the sky for our fine feathered friends.

My husband and I always break for
the moment to look up when we hear
the geese flying over our home and in
the Walmart parking lot. lol

It never fails that when we are there
the geese fly over or not far from us.

We absoloutely love God's AWESOME
gifts to enjoy daily.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this! It's been a rough day with AH calling with problems, but a lovely day with my children. Let the bad go to my HP, because I certainly can't fix it, and feel the joy and peace around me now. A wonderful reminder! Thank you so much for these inspirational posts when I know life is tough for you right now too. They do make a difference.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Ann...on the west coast so my experience with the geese is reading about the 'v-formation', how they provide tail winds that help those who follow behind...there is a reading about geese that I have seen from time to time over the years...and it is about community and helping one another...and to see these beautiful geese in your picture makes it so real...and I remember...that it is real...and that here on SR...we are fortunate to be able to fly in the v-formation and not lose our way during our metaphorical migration through the paths of recovery.

sending you hugs as you prepare for the operations and wishing you good moments and joy in each day leading up to it...you are an inspiration.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the reminder. I am having such a low day today, this is inspiring me. I'm going to take a run in nature and pull myself out of the morass.