Lots of things going on

Old 10-14-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lots of things going on

Recap, I got back together with my daughter's father after 5 years of being apart coparenting pretty well. He got his life together and wanted his family back I was skeptical but he showed me he was a new man. Fast forward we are engaged wedding date is set and all deposits are in. Bam! Relapse on H which I foolishly didn't know that was his drug of choice before getting clean since we were not together. We'll he is trying to stay clean while battling a never ending staph infection that is a result of his use. He has a few weeks clean, has no access to money.... know we have to postpone this wedding because I can't plan anything rt now for odvious reasons. He started back at meetings before his infection came back worse than before. Doctor said they did not have him on antibiotics long enough. So I haven't told him I can't go threw with wedding yet, I'm nervous but I know I have to. My family is supporting me I attend therapy and have a narnoon meeting I have only been able to attend once. This sucks so bad
Old 10-14-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WOW!!! So sorry.
I know we're not supposed to offer advice, but do you have a plan B? Maybe cancel the wedding and return to being a supportive friend instead? This has worked for you for 5 years.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well yes sadly that is an option if things don't work and I fully aware that they may not
Old 10-14-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear this. To see someone you care about relapse is so painful. I sadly say that I hope you don't marry him, I am betting it would lead to a life of pain.

Many hugs to you. Stay strong.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes hopeful I know I'm dreading this I'll bounce back but I'm worried about our daughter. She is a honor student happy child I don't want this to mess her up
Old 10-14-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I understand that completely. I have two children and they talk about just waiting for the other shoe to drop with their father, who I am divorced from, as he still drinks, just not when with them. Be the best mom you can be!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! At the end of the day I have to do what is best for us
Old 10-14-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Everyone says I'm a great mom I'm very active with her she is my world. She will always come first I just hate to break her heart she was so happy when we got back together. But he isn't that person anymore rt now
Old 10-15-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Her heart will break a lot more with his poor actions in the future if you stay together.