Grateful for today

Old 09-30-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for today

I am grateful today.

I had a better day than I anticipated...kept the activity to a reasonable level for what I need to do.

Attended my first online naranon meeting last night which was awesome and I was so grateful to be there...and will continue attending...what a difference meetings make...sorry to say I had forgotten that...but am grateful I went...along with attending a phone alanon meeting on Saturday.

I feel as if I am learning to deal with life as it unfolds rather than trying to push and pull and control it...my new routine around job searching (including living as I do it) is also creating itself...and I am focusing on the day to day things...staying in the moment.

Had some beautiful words of wisdom from an unexpected source today and had a chance to practice waiting on God as a doctor appt was late...and yet it was an exceptional appt and the wisdom of the doctor a true blessing. She shared her ESH with me...as well as some experiences that she has seen regarding mothers with adult children and I felt so blessed to know that my story is not as unusual as my sick personality would want me to believe.

Grateful for this site...and enjoying a beautiful California Indian Summer day that has unfolded in beautiful naturalness...and thank you all for being my family of choice...as it is helping so much to be here.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am glad your day unfolded so well. Staying in the day, living in the "now" makes us much more open to the kindness and beauty that surrounds us.

Autumn is in prime colour where I live and I plan to spend at least one hour out walking with nature in the lovely reds and yellows and oranges that decorate the hillsides.

Hugs
Old 10-02-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Something so soothing about breathing in the fall air, as the sun shines on my face.

Irisgardens, what a lovely post. thank you for the encouragement. I am glad that your doctor was such a blessing. It IS good to know we are not alone.