help I'm wanting to call him

Old 09-23-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What Calmwater wrote touched me:

"The person we want to talk to isn't there anymore".

While it is physically true in my case----the truth is, she wasn't there
while she was of this Earth.

Someone was there who LOOKED like her.

But it was someone else.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Oh Vale that has touched me. It is such a wicked destructive illness. We can't suffer alongside them as hear breaking as it is. I believe the soul is tortured
Old 09-23-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

how long have you two been officially separated now....and....
how long have you been in NO CONTACT?
Old 09-23-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's been just over a week he texted me Sunday to ask if he could pick up some of his left over stuff but I said I wouldn't be in till late and he texted back saying don't worry I don't have enough petrol ill get it another time. I said I'll drop it of later in the week and are you okay he relied with a. .. ha. I've not contacted him at all normally I would have
Old 09-23-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

so this is still VERY NEW to you....you can expect to go thru a lot of ups and downs and even some sideways.....just don't touch that phone! when you feel the urge, remind yourself that this is you wanting to HEAL and then find another outlet to begin to do so, that does not involve him.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yeah its all very new being the one back in control. I start my counselling on Thursday and go to coda meetings. I'm focusing on me right now and for the future
Old 09-24-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this.

A couple weeks ago I posted that my AXBF texted me from rehab. I doubt he's supposed to have a phone there, but not my circus, not my monkeys. (That's my new favorite saying!)

It has taken all of my energy to not pick up my phone and text him. Because it will probably contain a lot of love yous and I'm sorrys and I miss yous. And he is in a safe place now, and neither of us are good for each other at this particular point. It's heartbreaking.

I want to tell mine the same thing. That if he's clean and sober, we can try it again. Because sometimes I think he is the best thing that has happened to me. And drugs/addiction is the worst.

Someone else posted on a simliar topic, what outcomes would come of making contact? Either he'll start the dance again, and I'll get hopeful and maybe crushed after, or he'll ignore me and I'll be devestated. So why bother? Let it be.

My friend recently told me my life is going to suck either way. Either we'll never be together again and that'll suck, or we'll get back together someday and work through it and it's going to suck while we do. So either way, it'll suck. I had to laugh, 'cause she's totally right.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm going through the same emotions. I just told myself if I call or text I'm going to get hurt, so I just call my bf or sponsor. Ive called or texted them 23 times today. 😃