Taking one small step at a time

Old 09-21-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taking one small step at a time

I am living one minute at a time.

Lost my job on Tuesday morning and working to get some things in place to search for a job again.

I have done this a lot since I turned 50 (turning 60) in October.

I am reminding myself that to feel anxious and upset is normal for the situation.

I have been working with a therapist since May to help me change some things...and I have been doing this for a long time...23 years since I lost a child. I am willing and able to change as I need to...just need to take it one step at a time.

I saw my doctor who has been overseeing my medications for 18 years (saw him at the end of May too) and he was pleased with my overcoming some significant things (said I had made major strides) and in addition noted that I have taken down my medication dosage for depression and that I was handling 'normal life stressors' as well as could be expected.

I am simply working on taking each minute as it comes...doing a few errands and dealing with what comes up in the moment.

I have a plan to go forward...the first thing involved getting my rent paid for a few months with the final check that came on Thursday and did that...also paid for the phone bill that my husband set up before he went back to Chile (we had gone there in 2012) to regroup financially and to find work which we did...in construction...he needed to go back to finish the job he didn't finish and says he will be finished at about the end of September; 1st week of October.

I have asked him to restart the phone plan...as it is his name on the plan that he got for me in April...and now that I have paid the bill...he needs to restart the contract.

Met with a friend for coffee today who I haven't seen since I left for Chile in August 2012--so that was nice. It was grounding.

At 11:30 am...I will go see another friend who I haven't seen...both reached out yesterday.

It is helping me to ground...although my arms and hands are tingly...the doctor says that is the feelings in my body releasing...so I am drinking water to flush the negative ones.

I am working to balance myself as I can and it is a bit easier without the heavy work...I worked 70 hours the week before I was let go so know from my doctor that it was my stress response...I had been working those similar hours since i started the job 14 mos before.

Am praying and meditating...and found my resume yesterday (which I took the time to update the week I worked 70 hours...so it is in good shape).

I am anxious because I know it is hard to find a new job at 60...and working to stay as positive as possible.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

All these things you did today will lift you in your recovery. It's good to get out with friends and work on self-improvement.

Don't worry about your age, I am older than you and work tax season for an accountant friend and freelance off and on the rest of the year. If a job doesn't come your way maybe make one for yourself. I have a friend who dog walks and kitty sits for people who are away or at work through the week and she loves what she does and actually makes pretty good money doing it. It also keeps her fit walking the dogs.

My point is, don't give up on yourself ever. With your experience, determination and courage, something good will come your way, I promise.

Hugs
Old 09-21-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

>>>>>>>>don't give up on yourself ever. With your experience, determination and courage, something good will come your way, I promise<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

..............as usual, Ann beat me to it!

(we are here for you, irisgardens)
Old 09-21-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann and Vale...am taking your advice! Today was wonderful for my recovery and I really appreciate you guys having (through other threads as well) offered suggestions for the recovery...it was a wonderful day and I had a wonderful time.

I am listening to and reading everything here that I can get my hands on...and truly working to follow the wisdom of those who go before me....thank you...very grateful!