SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Holy Take NO Ownership (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/345620-holy-take-no-ownership.html)

Yogagurl 09-21-2014 06:28 AM

Holy Take NO Ownership

I found out through the grape vine my husband has been telling g people we are having problems in our marriage because my brother is causing stress in the house by being there. My husband has been using crack (again) for about 7 weeks now and he's using my brother as a scape goat to hide behind his addiction. I have successfully moved out of the house my husband and I were living in and I'm imagining he will tell everyone HE moved out of the house because he couldn't stand living with my brother. I find it so unjust that people can slither through life like that. It just frustrates me that I have put so much elbow grease into my successes and he just continues to find ways to hide his true colors. He's a professional con artist.

chicory 09-21-2014 06:40 AM

Well, YG, he can't con you anymore, and that's what matters.

Try not to listen to what he has said to others.... its upsetting. and he is probably gonna do that for a long, long time.

besides, others probably know he is full of ca-ca.

Living well is the best revenge, as they say.

zoso77 09-21-2014 06:44 AM

He's an addict. This is what addicts do.

Needabreak 09-21-2014 08:45 AM

Yep, this is just what addicts do.

You'll know that you've gone up another step in your recovery when you are able to just let his behavior go -- like water rolling off of a duck's back.

hopeful4 09-22-2014 07:15 AM

Just because he says something does not make everyone believe him, don't forget that.

Many hugs XXX

Yogagurl 09-26-2014 10:49 AM

The emotions range from being extremely apologetic to blaming me for "doing this to us."
"I will never forgive you for doing this to us. I've had enough of getting sh@# on and you and your brother ain't SH@^ to me. I will get on top again and I will laugh when he gets back on pills."

This is the text message I woke up to this morning. Yesterday, he was very sorry and "hope we can be friends" and "I will help you paint the house" (the one he is staying in) and "I'm so sorry, I don't blame you a bit." Now, he is saying that I payed him the offense and he is tired of getting done wrong by others (including me).

I don't care what anyone says, it will never cease to amaze me how absolutely irrational and nonsensical the words are that come out of an addicts mouth. I will never get used to it. In a matter of five minutes, a person can go from being completely remorseful to being verbally *violent* The man becomes violent within minutes.

zoso77 09-26-2014 11:14 AM

"I will never forgive you for doing this to us. I've had enough of getting sh@# on and you and your brother ain't SH@^ to me. I will get on top again and I will laugh when he gets back on pills."
Whenever he goes off like this, think of Charlie Brown's teacher talking...