Today I turned 40

Old 09-17-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I turned 40

Today I turned 40. It was rather uneventful- a bit melancholy, a bit reflective and a small tiny bit hopeful. Of course I heard nothing from the ex(heroin user in recovery). I don't really know how I feel today. A bit lost, a little sad, hopeful that it can only get better. It was somewhat lonely. My main joy came today from my 7 yr old daughter. She baked me a cake and made me a card and was anxiously waiting at the door when I got home from work at 7:30. I feel like I'm having to relearn everything. I hope and pray that my higher power has plans for the next 40 years being the best 40 years. I'm going to work to ensure that this is the case. But tonight, I go to bed a little confused, sad and lonely.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your daughter baked you a cake and made you a card. That sounds like a terrific birthday to me.
Happy Birthday.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Welcome to the Club!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy birthday! I am sorry you feel sad, but 40 is the new 20 or something like that! And you can celebrate the fact the next 40 will be healthy for you because you CHOSE them to be.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy birthday. My 40th is in about 3 weeks too. I hope for you that things just keep getting better and you have a wonderful year!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!
Old 09-18-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Happy Birthday, 40's is a wonderful decade and I am sure you will find many blessings and joy in the year ahead.

What could be nicer than your little granddaughter and a card. Money can't buy that kind of love.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!

Cherish your little girl. You are there for her and that is what will count in the end. Hold on tight everyday!
Old 09-18-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
What could be nicer than your little granddaughter and a card. Money can't buy that kind of love.
Oh lordy, I am making you a grandma already...oops and now I run to polish my bifocals.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think in the first 6 months or so after breaking up with my ex, my expectations of him were still very high. A month after I left was my bday and I had those ill thoughts that he “should” acknowledge it. Then there was Thanksgiving and Christmas and again those old tapes were playing in my head. Kind of setting myself up for further disappointment from him I guess.

I had to realize and accept that he is an ex and the silence is exactly where he must remain for my benefit and future happiness.

I had to stop telling myself that I was missing something in life and begin telling myself I had everything I needed right now here today. No future tripping and no getting lost in the past.

The more I focus on today – right now the more I enjoy each day!!

Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful bday gift you got from your 7 year old – cherish her every minute of every day.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Coming in late, but Happy Birthday!!!!! What a sweetie your little is! I bet you were both excited about that!

I turn 40 in a couple of months. I am actually looking forward to it as I feel I have had a lot happen this year, but I have grown as a person in a big way.

Age is but a number, life is what you make of it!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday! What a sweet daughter!

Eventually, with time, the pain will subside.

The 40's have been wonderful for my personal growth. My kids were using drugs, I married my spouse that relapsed but I have grown a lot! I can handle just about any sh*t that is thrown at me!