Can you ever really trust them again?

Old 08-20-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can you ever really trust them again?

You know this relapse of my parents has really had me wondering if there will ever be a point where I can trust them again? I mean I got a good 8 months out of them before they were back at it, (8 months that I know of, they were probably doing it and concealing it for a while) How do I know that they are really sober and if they are just lying to me or hiding their addiction better? Can you ever have a relationship thats normal again?
Old 08-20-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear stories like yours and it reinforces what I must think of myself to willingly put myself in romantic relationships with addicts/recovering addicts😔. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Your parents are supposed to be the 2 people in the world you can trust! I hope you have a local 12 step support group for yourself and supportive friends and other relatives. Sending you all the good vibes and prayers in the world. Keep coming here. I'm new to SR but I have found quite a bit of comfort and support from others here. All the best to you.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Everyone is different but I'd rather live without the addict than with their abuse - it took me 10 years to finally get it and for me, I will never trust my AD.