Sad story in our little town...

Old 08-06-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sad story in our little town...

Last week there was a 33 year-old man and his 10-month old son reported missing. Three days after they were reported missing, their bodies were found. The 22 year-old wife/mother was initially arrested and charged with child endangerment but yesterday was charged with manslaughter. She had been with them but left and then claimed she had no idea where they were. Here's what happened ... the man and his wife had been up for 72 hours and on meth. They were hallucinating that people were trying to break into their home. So, in the middle of the night they took the 10-month old baby, drove to a remote area, got out of the car and starting running from these "people". The mom and dad were trying to fight off the "attackers" but it turned out they were just fighting each other...and the baby. The cause of the baby's death was ruled as "exposure and abandonment" and he was found with multiple cuts/scratchers. They have not released the cause of death of the father.

This story made me so sad as I think about the pain addiction causes innocent by-standers. I'll admit, I don't understand why the family didn't take the baby out of that home. Surely they saw signs of drug use prior to this? BUT, I don't know their side of the story...maybe they tried?

Today, I'm praying for this family as the navigate through the grief AND for the children who live in this type of situation every day.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That poor innocent soul did not deserve this.
He never got the chance to make ANY decision.
God rest his little soul.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I saw an article about this on *****. That poor baby.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

God bless the child!

God bless every grandparent and relative who become the voice for these dear children and who take them out of harm's way.

It's just sad when the children become the victim.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dearest God, I just cannot bear that these things happen.