Positive update

Old 07-16-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Positive update

I wanted to share some positive updates, as I felt such despair at the time of my last post. My AH finally realized how deep he was in with his hydrocodone addiction. He was spending over $1000 a month on pills, and it was consuming his life and mine. But he decided he didn't want live like that anymore, and started going to outpatient rehab, and they put him on suboxone. Today he is one week sober. He asked me to come to his initial appointment with him, and I went, so I got to meet some of the counselors he is working with. He is taking his recovery very seriously, and it's already made a big difference. In the meantime, while he is going to his meetings and working with his counselor, I have been spending lots of time with my family and friends, which has been great for me, and my kids. For the first time in months I'm feeling positive!!!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sadie happy for you and am sending you prayers for continued success
Old 07-16-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Sadie, that's great news. Seeing he has mental health issues as well I'm sure the medical side and counselling will be beneficial. Here's my wishes that he keeps it up because you deserve a break.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Seeing he has mental health issues as well I'm sure the medical side and counselling will be beneficial. .
Yes they definitely go hand in hand, but part of what is making this attempt at rehab different from the last is, his drug addiction is his primary concern. Before it was his mental health. And I'm by no means a professional, but I wonder how much of his mental health issues are a result of years of drug abuse. Another thing that's different this time is he wants to go, and he said the other night he likes going to his groups. Last time around he went, it was with great reluctance. He came up with a treatment plan with his counselor last night, that he came home and shared with me. It's refreshing to have him share so much with me, after being kept in the dark for so long.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sadie,
glad to hear this! I wish him successful recovery, and that your peace continues. remember to take good care of yourself... its his job, to work his recovery. glad he is doing so well, and that you feel it.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im so glad to hear things are looking up!!!