SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OT: Need to Vent (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/339006-ot-need-vent.html)

zoso77 07-15-2014 08:39 AM

OT: Need to Vent

My car was broken into last night, one of many to be broken into in my neighborhood.

My sunglasses and my golf clubs were stolen.

Now, sunglasses...not that big of a deal. But replacing golf clubs? Just came from my favorite store for golf equipment. Here's the breakdown of what it will cost to replace my equpiment.

Irons: $900
Fairway wood: $249
Hybrids (3): $660
Putter: $150
Bag: $189

That's $2148 right there. Not to mention all the golf balls in my bag that were stolen.

Another person's car had a flatscreen TV in it. That was stolen. Someone else left their wallet in their car. Bye Bye.

It is really scary to know that there are people out there in America that steal from others without conscience. Those weren't just clubs they stole from me. They've made it extremely difficult to play my favorite summer sport. And they don't care.

Personally, I'd like to cut off their hands.

greeteachday 07-15-2014 09:01 AM

I'm so sorry Zoso, it totally stinks. (trying to use G rated words here) I've found when something like this happened to me that it wasn't so much about the material items, it was such a feeling of being violated. I truly understand your anger and emotions. As you said as well, it has robbed you of a favorite activity - just senseless.

I know it doesn't fix things, but I do hope at least that you have homeowners or renters insurance - that will provide some coverage for the theft.

I find it hard to believe also that there are people in this world that kill others without thought as well. We just lost a police officer in our state...he was simply ambushed. No reason - the killer sat in wait for the police to show up then opened fire. What kind of person does that? The police car was riddled with shots...The slain officer was 23 year old. why? Just can't comprehend - I can only be grateful that I have so many caring and compassionate people in my life.

needingabreak 07-15-2014 09:03 AM

Im sorry Zoso :( NO way to really say it except it totally sucks. It isn't just the clubs. Its the intrusion,The feeling of being violated, the problem of having to go out and buy all new clubs that are going to be best for you and the time and money.
My home was broken into. I know the feeling. People are just selfish assholes sometimes.
We had a store here where 5 people walked in looking at jewelry and while a few kept the workers occupied the others stole over 20k of Pandora jewelry. They got a key to the case that works on all cases somehow and dumped the entire case into a handbag one of the women was carrying. I guess they are going up the East Coast from NY or CT and doing this. I hope Karma bites the thieves who stole your clubs in the ass big time!

zoso77 07-15-2014 09:06 AM

GreetEachDay,

I think we're all guilty to some extent of thinking the values we hold dear are shared by others. My friends, family, and most of my colleagues are truly kind, ethical, and moral people. So when something like this happens, it's a shock.

That's a horrible story about the young police officer. Just awful.

Z

zoso77 07-15-2014 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by needingabreak (Post 4781076)
Im sorry Zoso :( NO way to really say it except it totally sucks. It isn't just the clubs. Its the intrusion,The feeling of being violated, the problem of having to go out and buy all new clubs that are going to be best for you and the time and money.
My home was broken into. I know the feeling. People are just selfish assholes sometimes.
We had a store here where 5 people walked in looking at jewelry and while a few kept the workers occupied the others stole over 20k of Pandora jewelry. They got a key to the case that works on all cases somehow and dumped the entire case into a handbag one of the women was carrying. I guess they are going up the East Coast from NY or CT and doing this. I hope Karma bites the thieves who stole your clubs in the ass big time!

Oh, it will. It always does.

At least it wasn't my guitars.

lovetohikect 07-15-2014 09:45 AM

Here is a thought. I wonder whether there is a substantial overlap between golfers and psycho jerk car thieves. Probably not, right? IOW, you're not likely to see the thieves out there on your local links anytime soon.

If it were me, I'd check out pawn shops in the nearby areas and maybe Craigslist. I bet anything they're going to try and off-load them ASAP.

Good luck, keep us posted!

Jane

hopeful4 07-15-2014 10:57 AM

I am sorry. If you have homeowners insurance you can turn the loss in, but take a look at payout versus what you would get as small claims can cause a cancellation in the future.

People can be such jerks. Agree to check out pawn shops!!!

Hope it's a better day!

zoso77 07-15-2014 11:25 AM

Thanks, all. Watching both eBay and Craigslist. Mutherf*ckers...

MamaCas 07-15-2014 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by zoso77 (Post 4781027)
Personally, I'd like to cut off their hands.

I'm with you on that one! We had so much stolen from us and I don't think I'll ever get over it. Among other things, he stole a necklace given to me upon my grandmother's death. No amount of money will ever be able to replace it and for what??? $50??? Jerks!

Eddiebuckle 07-15-2014 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by zoso77 (Post 4781027)
Irons: $900
Fairway wood: $249
Hybrids (3): $660
Putter: $150
Bag: $189

That's $2148 right there.

Zoso - that's some serious coin for weapons of grass destruction. What's your handicap?

cece1960 07-15-2014 12:48 PM

I'm sorry Zoso.
I once had a car stolen with my golf clubs, golf shoes and a full art case in the back. They found the car a year later when the water level of a lake lowered and showed the car. They just ditched it with everything in it.
What a waste...what a shame

zoso77 07-15-2014 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Eddiebuckle (Post 4781383)
Zoso - that's some serious coin for weapons of grass destruction. What's your handicap?

Low 20's for 18, Eddie. Banged up my shoulder 4 years ago and I was just starting to play again. Connected with my former teacher, too. The goal this year was to really get handle on compressing the ball and to generate more lag.

That's going to have to wait a bit.

At least my guitars weren't in my car. If they were and those were taken, the lives of the thieves would be forfeited.

Vale 07-16-2014 02:57 AM

That really SUCKS, Zoso.
I'm sorry it happened.

nancylee 07-16-2014 10:56 PM

Hi,
This happened to my brother and his car insurance covered everything. I know it won't help with being upset, but maybe you can replace he clubs.
Best,nancy

chicory 07-17-2014 06:05 AM

Zoso,

It's such a violation, to have some pos take something so valuable and sentimental from us, when we would never do that to anyone.

Imagine being a thief.... everyone in your circle of 'friends' is probably robbing each other every chance they get.. yuk.

zoso77 07-17-2014 06:13 AM

It's such a violation, to have some pos take something so valuable and sentimental from us, when we would never do that to anyone.
What they did was made it very, very difficult for me to enjoy something I love doing in the summer. Especially with friends and family.

That being said, I've calmed down about it quite a bit since Tuesday. I've spoken with the police and I've filed a claim with my insurance company. There's nothing else I can do. The clubs are gone (though I've replaced my sunglasses). Hopefully my insurance company will help me towards purchasing new ones.

chicory 07-17-2014 06:18 AM

I hope they catch them, and give them long stints in jail.

Hopefully you can replace them soon enough to enjoy the summer and time with family and friends. I would think your insurance company will cut you a check, since that's what we buy insurance for.

Ann 07-18-2014 04:41 AM

I have no tolerance for thieves, I think part of this is an after affect of when my son stole from us.

Like you, I work hard for anything I own and danged if I would let anyone off easy if I could catch a thief.

A pox on whoever did this to you, Zoso, may they find a rash that itches uncontrollable in a place that is difficult to scratch...and may they get warts on their noses so we all can know who they are! :tapping