Helping for real

Old 07-14-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Helping for real

My life is changing - all the responses and advices I am receiving are really helping me put perspective on my daughters addiction. I'm becoming stronger and when she now starts contacting me - usually for money or to complain or refuse going to therapy - I have coined "pls respect my privacy" and " you can choose to do this" and "I love you" - it's day 5 but I am not being attackes at least. Thank you for helping me
Old 07-14-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It keeps getting better so stick around and we'll cheer you on all the way.

It takes a while but sooner or later they get the message that we are no longer the Bank of American and we no longer buy into their stories. That upset my son so much that he got angry that I went to my meetings...he initially thought that my meetings would teach me how to help HIM more, .

It's very freeing to decide to take care of ourselves for a change and let our adult children take care of themselves.

Well done!!!

Hugs
Old 07-14-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you! I agree! I should have visited this website so long ago!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up, Amysad. You are here NOW, and take it from another momma, that is ALL that matters! Good job keeping and making some new boundaries. You can read my posts to see my journey these past two years--it is ongoing, but I am much stronger as a result of the great people on SR and regularly attending NarAnon meetings. Take care!