This could all NOT happen, but I need some input

Old 07-14-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so glad they are both reaching out and pray they can stay on a good path.

GardenMama, your own recovery is shining. You thought this through and did it with boundaries in place...taking care of you first.

I think you did the right thing...where she takes it from here is up to her.

Big hugs
Old 07-14-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

GM, I am so happy for you. Now your daughter has another chance to start living a real life. If they could only see, that the initial work on recovery and being away is only a small amount of time relative to the life and opportunities available to them for the many years to come.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry for your pain

I can't give you advice but I can tell you I will keep you in my prayers. I have started to distance myself from my AD and frankly I am feeling more at peace. It's Scarey hearing your story because frankly I would not know how to react. Follow your head and heart but beware of manipulation. I hope it goes alright for you. Best wishes and prayers
Old 07-14-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

GM -
I sincerely hope this goes well for you, and your daughter gets - and stays - in rehab. I have been following her living in the woods. Without her ABF there, living in the woods might be more difficult. She may appreciate being under your roof - but be strong in the boundaries you have set. And, yes, I hate the long stays in the bathroom - I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN THERE!!!!
prayers and hugs,
b.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

GM, just catching up on your news. You and your daughters are in my prayers and thoughts. Hoping and praying she will find a path to recovery. Hang in tree my friend.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allthatsgood View Post
Hang in tree my friend.
Sometimes typos are the best, allthatsgood! After I get my girl in rehab, I will seriously consider hanging in a tree! Thanks so much for your support.

And a short update: She goes in no later than Thursday morning, maybe as soon as tomorrow. We visited her ABF at his rehab tonight, and I think that really helped her resolve. She's been great, though, and very thankful and appreciative. What a turn of events...what a journey this is.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

GardenMama, I hope my post brought a smile to your face, even though it wasn't what I meant to say.....but hey.....if you are willing to hang in a tree I'm with you my friend! But seriously, I'm hoping for the best for your daughter. She is in my prayers, as are you and your younger daughter. Bigs hugs, Carol
Old 07-17-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My AD is in treatment as of an hour ago! The dog has left to be cared for by her dad. My youngest goes off to camp for a month on Monday. What relief I am starting to feel...
Old 07-17-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ahhhhh.....sweet rest. So glad to hear this very positive update GM!!!

Tight Hugs!
Old 07-17-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

So happy to hear this good news! Hope you have some nice things planned for yourself! It's time for you now.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well, I go away for a few days (for a wonderful old-friend reunion) and come back to find GardenMama hanging from a tree!!!

Get down right now, GM, and kick up your heels enjoying your freedom. Woo hoo! Daughter's in rehab and son is heading for camp! Time to enjoy your peace, your world and find your balance again.

This really was good news to come home to, and the best part is how you made it through this stronger and wiser for the journey. I think a day at the spa is called for and maybe some quality fine dining and shopping as well.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Some of the most peaceful times for me over the past 10 years have been when my AD was in detox and rehab, GM. My prayer for you today is two-fold......first that that you spend these days taking care of you and enjoying you and doing things that make you feel good about you AND secondly that your AD embraces this process and truly committs to recovery. Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Okay, okay, Ann. I will come down now. It was nice and breezy up there, though! I am starting to feel a little more calm, and now I can focus on my youngest daughter & her two remaining days home before camp. I promise I will do some nice things for myself in the next month.

My AD called for a very short moment last night, and when I asked, How are you, sweetie? The clear response I got was, "I'm good, Mama, I'm good."
Glory Be! Every day I will be counting my blessings even more than I have been...
Old 07-19-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Love this post! Enjoy the peace and freedom GM!
Sending you big hugs and prayers for your daughter's peace and reflection!
TT
Old 07-19-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Praying for you and your daughter, GM.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

GardenMama,
It made me so happy to read this posting this morning! I am so glad that your daughter is in rehab.. sounds good

I am glad you are having some peace too, now. You can Breathe!
Prayers continue for you and yours.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

rehab

Thing is about the rehabs is that if you do have even basic insurance they wham you on a copay too. I thought we did the right thing getting my AD insurance at 135 a month but the copays now are $8500 to 17000 - we dont have that kind of money especially in light of rehab #6!. Rule 25 when i looked it up sounds wonderful but I think that is a state program and if you dont live in that state you dont get it. I wish it was easier for sure