Home has become toxic

Old 06-25-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Home has become toxic

AS snuck out of house, and came back high. We, the parents had a huge fight over the enabling, and lack of knowledge, by one parent, of addiction. The addict is arrogant, and remorseful at the same time. One parent remains quiet and distant while the other is confrontational and yells a lot. The environment is going to lead to the end of the living arrangement. I'm done with the abuse.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
It sounds like you know what needs to be done. It's not going to be pleasant for you. But no one else said doing the right thing in situations such as yours is pleasant.

In any event, we're here to guide you through it. Be safe.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My son had to leave when our home went from being our safe place of peace to a war zone of addiction.

It's hard to make the decision and carry it through. You son knows where to find help, real help like meetings, detox, rehabs (the Salvation Army rehabs are very good and free), and sober living houses. If he wants to get clean he will use one of these proven resources. If he doesn't want to get clean then maybe some time at a shelter or on the street will help him find a better way.

I know your pain, I went through that for many years before I just could not endure one more day of the chaos.

My prayers go out for all of you, addiction really is a family disease.

Hugs