Just an update

Old 06-24-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just an update

Hi All.

I haven't posted here in a while, probably close to a month. My SO is still away at rehab. I'm still extremely pregnant (July can't come soon enough!)

Anyway, things have been good here at home. I go out on maternity leave on the 12th. It has been a little bit of a struggle to pay our bills by myself. So, I talked to my SO sometime last week and we had decided to get him a plane ticket for this upcoming Monday to come home. It is important that he finds a job and starts getting some type of income before I go on maternity leave or we are not going to be able to afford our rent. I have also talked to his counselor at the rehab, who doesn't quite agree with that plan. I feel kind of stuck in that way, because of course I want him to focus on his recovery and complete the programs etc, but at the same time, if he doesn't come back and start helping with the bills, he won't have a place to stay anyway, because we won't be able to keep up on rent (the only other place he can really go is to his mother's, who is an addict).

At any rate, his plane ticket is purchased. He'll either be on the flight, or he won't. But there really aren't many other options. I'm hoping he is ready to come home and choose recovery and stick with a program. He sounds really great on the phone, at least. He sounds motivated and happy.

I guess I'm just ready to figure out what I'm going to need to do before the baby is here. I know it isn't a guarantee that he will stay clean, but I am trying to think positive and realistically. I really need him to come home and take care of his responsibilities. (Or, let me know otherwise, so I can find an alternative).

Wish us luck.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
BB,

My hope for your SO is he sticks with his program whenever he does come home.

I also encourage you to have a plan in place if something were to go wrong. The rubber hits the road as soon as he's home. Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

Best wishes to both of you and your baby.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I understand your need for financial support right now and hopefully once he gets home he can find some meetings or out-patience therapy that may help him keep his balance.

That said, please have your Plan B in place, hopefully you will not need it but if you do, you will be glad you are prepared.

Best wishing on your baby, may this baby bring you many blessings in the days to come.

Hugs