struggling and feeling lonely

Old 05-18-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

struggling and feeling lonely

Hiya my husband went into rehab a week and a half ago. He is a heroin addict. He had been able to call a couple of times but only for a few minutes. problem is I miss him so so much. I'm going out with friends and in the process of moving to a different part of the country. I feel cheated that this problem is in our relationship. I'm really struggling to write to him cause the things I want to really say won't help him.. I'm angry lonely and scared for the future
Old 05-18-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Karrets, I'm sorry you are feeling sad and angry, that seems to happen too often to many of us.

What helps me on days like this is to just take a deep breath and live in the day. Maybe get out for a walk today, or go to the water and enjoy the scenery. That always helps me get connected again and feel that things will be okay.

Hugs
Old 05-18-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Karrets,

I am very happy to hear your husband is making the attempt at rehab; I think that's such a great step in a positive direction. For an addict to admit they have a real problem and to make the effort to get clean is a really big step. I know your husband in a tough place right now too, missing you, wondering what you are doing, and what's going on outside of where he is.

The feelings of sadness and madness will take their course, as all emotions do. What I have found it just to let the emotion come up, acknowledge why the emotion is there, what it is, and try to think about what I can do to help myself get through it. I run, exercise, sauna, swim, walk my dogs. I don't use drugs or alcohol, so the only kind of endorphin release I get is from physical activity. I also do things that bring comfort to me. For instance, when I was a younger and not feeling well, my mom would bring me chicken noodle soup and a grilled cheese with ketchup on the side. It might sound silly, but when I'm not feeling up to snuff, I still go for the grilled cheese with the ketchup on the side and it helps.

I pray for you and your husband; I pray you both start to recover.

Love and light,
YG
Old 05-18-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by Karrets View Post
Hiya my husband went into rehab a week and a half ago. He is a heroin addict. He had been able to call a couple of times but only for a few minutes. problem is I miss him so so much. I'm going out with friends and in the process of moving to a different part of the country. I feel cheated that this problem is in our relationship. I'm really struggling to write to him cause the things I want to really say won't help him.. I'm angry lonely and scared for the future
At the beginning and still do to an extent I feel cheated as well. Are you still together? I see you mentioned you were moving to another part of the country.
I would suggest looking at it as a mini vacation right now. You have been alone for awhile being with an addict he had been physically there but mentally not. If you look at it as your time you might feel alittle better. You already know where he is at. With that said you can take care of you right now. Looking in the past will keep you just that looking in the past.
You have less than 24 hours now what are you going to do for you!!
Old 05-18-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Karrets,

You have some big life changing things going on right now. No wonder you feel the way you do.

I do hope that the move is a positive thing, and that maybe you can focus on that, for a bit, and look forward to something in it.

I guess I would try to see it as a healing time, for you and for him. I am glad he is getting this chance to get well, and is still alive and healthy .

I hope something brings you peace today.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for messages. We are still together but I said if he doesn't complete rehab not to come and find me because I can't live like that anymore. I regret saying it now but I don't want to tell him that. This is his 3rd time the first time he lasted 3 weeks and got flashbacks of sexual abuse. He tried to kill himself as he couldn't tell me. Second time he did 4 weeks and was kicked out for not making it b to the chemist in time. something that his key worker fought to keep him in. so he is back in and I do lots of good things to keep me busy just hate this feeling of the unknown and I know you never know what is round the corner. I'm moving to a better area for me and my little girl and If he makes it my husband too. I feel like I'm grieving if that makes sense.