I long for the day...

Old 05-17-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I long for the day...

...that I can live in the moment and not in a constant state of fear and worry.

I went to an Al-Anon meeting last night and listened to the speaker talk about how she doesn't worry all of the time now and she is not waiting for the next shoe to drop.

What a wonderful feeling that will be!!! I am currently on my 4th step and have been here for months. It is time for me to FOCUS on the POSITIVE and quit letting my recovering addict husband overtake all of my thoughts.

A statement that stuck out last night was when you focus on the positive, POSITIVE things will come out of it. When you focus on the negative and all the worry, it zaps you of life and controls you in a NEGATIVE way.

I know I didn't cause his drinking/drugging. I know I can't control it. And I know I can't cure it.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ooohhh! the 4th step is so depressing! don't get stuck there. Try to get through to 5 right away. Try not to be a perfectionist the first time you work a 4th. The steps aren't a one time only thing. you can go back to 4/5 as much as you need.

hugs!

haha there I go with unsolicited advice sorry.

I guess I'm trying to say that I started to feel a lot more peace when I did step 5 the first time
Old 05-17-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I felt a great relief when I did my 4th step, it was like spring cleaning when I could identify the garbage in my life and prepare to have it removed. It helped me identify my feelings about many people and things that had happened in my life, and it felt very freeing to decide I didn't need to carry the baggage around anymore.

The fear will go, it may be the last to go but it will leave you, I promise.

Keep working on this and know that when you are finished you will feel so much lighter and happier with yourself.

Hugs
Old 05-19-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

honey, MONTHS is way too long to do a 4th. i suggest you take what you have, move forward with your 5th etc...and LATER you can come back around and take another run at it and pick up the things you missed this time.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Months on 4th step?? Wow...I agree, that is a depressing place to be in for so long. Move it along honey! I know it's hard to go through all that past, but just sit down and do it.

There is light ahead!