SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   An Annoying Day (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/332287-annoying-day.html)

zoso77 05-16-2014 01:57 PM

An Annoying Day

Actually, an annoying past 11 days.

The day after I changed my phone number, I took a trip to my district courthouse to file a RO against my darling AXGF. The one piece of information I was lacking when filling out the forms was her current address. In spite of that, a judge heard my case and scheduled a two party hearing for today, May 16. He recommended that I find out her address as soon as possible.

Easier said than done, it turns out. I couldn't find it. The most recent address on record was her former address. Without an address, she couldn't and wouldn't be served.

My boss had a good idea a few days later: one of our former colleagues is a part time police officer, and my boss gave me his number. I know my former colleague would find her for me since we're buddies. But I didn't call him.

Why? Because as the days went on, I realized how much of my emotional energy was tied up in this RO business. And I didn't like how that felt. Wasting emotional energy on the likes of my AXGF is something not only accomplishes nothing, but makes me feel worse.

So this past Monday, I went to the court's clerk office to tell them I couldn't find my AXGF's address and because of that, I wanted to drop the RO. Turns out it's not that simple, and the clerk's office recommended that I show up to the May 16 hearing. The hearing was scheduled for 10:30 this morning. And I had another appointment with my guitar technician at 1:00, who is an hour away. Shouldn't be a problem, I thought.

So I show up at 10:10...then 10:30 passes...then recess is called at 11:00...then court's back in session at 11:30...but other cases are called ahead of mine, including a mutiple DUI offender who smashed into another car, injured the other driver, and took off...12:00 passes...

At this point, looking at my watch, I realize I'm going to be late to my appointment with my tech. And I'm quite annoyed.

12:15 passes...12:30 passes...and now I'm fantasizing about gaining control of a Predator drone, flying it over my AXGF's house, firing missiles into it, and then watching the video of a mushroom cloud over her house on a loop with Metallica's "Battery" providing the soundtrack...yes, I was that livid...

Finally, 12:40 comes and my case is heard. I explain to the judge I wasn't able to find her address and at this time, I don't wish to proceed with a RO. He gave me the option to keep the RO active another 2 weeks so I could find her, but I declined. The judge, expressing concern for my safety, told me if she bothered me, go to the cops. Appreciative of the concern, I thanked him and left the courtroom.

This took all of 60 seconds. I waited two and a half hours for something that I tried to halt Monday and couldn't and took 60 seconds.

I was going to be late for an appointment due to nonsense initiated by my AXGF.

I got to my car, emailed my tech, and made it to his shop in under 50 minutes (which, given the location of the courthouse, is remarkable time). Thankfully, he was understanding as to why I was late and set up two of my guitars (and changed out the volume pot on one of them).

And now, I'm home. But it occured to my that my AXGF was successful at getting under my skin. Which, truth be told, was probably one of her goals. From her point of view, she's probably angry that I have never responded to any of her provocations during the last 2+ years. Borderlines want people to feel the emptiness and emotional chaos that they feel.

She's got one move available to her. And that's to show up at my house. If she's that foolish, God help her...

ZoSo

AnvilheadII 05-16-2014 02:30 PM

the court hijinx alone would drive one mad...want to file an RO against someone because they are a DANGER to you....but you need to know where they live which means if you don't you have to try and track said Danger To Myself person down...and then when you cannot locate said individual, you can't simply drop the RO - even tho it isn't "official" yet since other party has yet to be served - so please come back next week for that piece of business because this process will take all of 60 seconds which you can see we just don't HAVE.

shakes head.

so much for trying to play by the rules right? just don't be foolish yourself ok? no smashing her over the head with a perfectly good guitar or anything...maybe buy a ukelele at a discount store and keep it by the door!

zoso77 05-16-2014 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII (Post 4654954)
the court hijinx alone would drive one mad...want to file an RO against someone because they are a DANGER to you....but you need to know where they live which means if you don't you have to try and track said Danger To Myself person down...and then when you cannot locate said individual, you can't simply drop the RO - even tho it isn't "official" yet since other party has yet to be served - so please come back next week for that piece of business because this process will take all of 60 seconds which you can see we just don't HAVE.

shakes head.

so much for trying to play by the rules right? just don't be foolish yourself ok? no smashing her over the head with a perfectly good guitar or anything...maybe buy a ukelele at a discount store and keep it by the door!

Based on what I've paid for all my electric guitars (and not counting the masterbuilt Telecaster coming my way in September), I have roughly $20075 invested in those guitars. Average price, though not really an accurate metric, is about $2509 per instrument. So I won't be pulling a Pete Towshend with any of my instruments.

Compare that to the average price of a 5 iron, which I'm guessing is maybe between $120-$140. So, the 5 iron is cheaper, has the benefit of being metal, and the last time I had my swing speed measured, it was just south of 100 MPH. So the 5 iron has been in my bedroom at night for the past 3 weeks just in case I hear something.

Ann 05-16-2014 03:00 PM

Zoso, I will send you a pair of my steel toed bunny slippers and you can use them on anyone you feel needs a good shinning.

I'm sorry this all took you in circles. I hope you will have no future problems but if you do, call the police. You are now on record as having complained that she is dangerous. That counts for something.

Hugs

lablife 05-16-2014 03:25 PM

12:15 passes...12:30 passes...and now I'm fantasizing about gaining control of a Predator drone, flying it over my AXGF's house, firing missiles into it, and then watching the video of a mushroom cloud over her house on a loop with Metallica's "Battery" providing the soundtrack...yes, I was that livid...

I think I just found my new best friend!