Empowering Positive Energy

Old 05-15-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Smile Empowering Positive Energy

Empowering positive energy

Negative thoughts affect more than just your mind. Those thoughts create negative energy that flows destructively throughout your entire life.

If you are extremely negative about one thing, that negativity seeps into everything. That’s why it is so important to transform the negative influences into positive thoughts and endeavors.

There will always be people, events and circumstances that have the potential to get you down. However, you don’t have to let them keep you down for long.

Much of what comes to you, and happens beyond you, is out of your control. Yet you always can precisely and dependably control what you do with it.

The best thing to do with whatever happens is to find a positive, purposeful way to respond. If something threatens to get you down, choose to do something even more consequential that lifts your world up.

Instead of letting the negativity drain you, create your own empowering positive energy. A positive response is always there, so find it and choose it every time.

— Ralph Marston
Old 05-15-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I cannot be filled with positive energy and negative energy at the same time, so I must choose which I will embrace.

Instead of bemoaning what I cannot do...change anyone else, undo yesterday's problems, awfulize about what tomorrow "might" bring...I can make a conscious effort to look at the positive.

I CAN change my attitude.

I CAN change my ways.

I CAN find a healthy way to live and embrace that lifestyle every day.

I CAN work and save and have "enough".

I CAN rely on my recovery friends, my support group, my real friends and turn to them when I struggle.

I CAN decide what is okay and what is not okay in my life and then stand for my values, even if I stand alone.

What a difference it makes in my life if I stay positive and keep my eye on the light. Just a tiny bit of light will dispel the darkness and all I have to do is stay aware of what kind of energy I am letting in.

Hugs
Old 05-15-2014, 09:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.

Napoleon Bonaparte
Old 05-16-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I like that Vale. Just making the decision the stay positive, no matter what it takes can be difficult, but it is a precious tool of our recovery.

Once aware of the positive and negative, I have also become aware of when I am in space that is filled with either. Negative energy can fill a room quickly and I don't remain there long. Often, negative that surrounds me, like a negative person at work or in a group, just fizzles away if I don't feed it by responding in a negative way. Complaining breeds complaining. Justified complaints can be dealt with in a positive way. Ordinary grumbling is just that, grumbling.

Not to be a Pollyanna here, but sometimes it just takes a little thought and effort to stay positive, if only in our own hearts.

I am working today and am happy about it, because no matter what the task, the people I work with are positive and fun and a pleasure to spend time with. This is the kind of surrounding where I need to make sure "I" am not the grumbler if things go wrong.

Enjoy your day, no matter how challenging it may be, there are blessings around us everywhere and that is what brings us the positive light.

Hugs
Old 05-16-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I really do agree and like this post...changing one's thoughts and attitude may seem hard but it can do so much for your life
Old 05-16-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

good stuff!!!

whenever we say YES to one thing, we are making a NO statement to something else. it isn't that we put blinders on, or simply do not SEE - the opposite in fact...we see it ALL and then make our choice.

“What is happiness? The feeling that power increases – that resistance is being overcome.” ~Friedrich Nietzche

We all have it from time to time, the need to resist what “is.” Some of us have more resistance than others. We can often have resistance in some areas and not others. Resistance is very often coming from ourselves and our emotions. It looks more or less like living in a state of denial on a particular topic. Maybe it’s a lover who won’t give up on her love even though he doesn’t treat her right, or a person who refuses to acknowledge the negative impact that their job is having on their personal life. Most of the time resistance is an unconscious defense mechanism rather than an intentional plan.

Resistance can come to us for many different reasons; fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of being hurt, fear of losing something important to you, as well as countless other reasons. But it is fear and an inability to deal with the truth that is at the heart of the issue. It’s the idea that whatever we’re resisting is so big that we don’t feel we can handle the changes necessary to deal with the problem, because our ego won’t allow it.

What we resist must persist.

I know that I’ve had my fair share of times when I was unwilling to accept the truth about something. And let me tell you, the more I fought it the more miserable I was.

Resistance and misery tend to go hand-in-hand. Sometimes it’s a dull unhappiness. Other times it’s an out-and-out pain fest. We cannot accept what is, so we fight it. This usually leads to anger, frustration, hurt and an extended period of time being stuck in a place that feels really bad.

It’s ironic really, we resist to avoid feeling the pain or other negative feelings that we don’t want to feel, yet it’s the very act of resisting that exposes us over and over again to feelings that are negative.

The truth is, we aren’t able to save ourselves from pain. Just as happiness is part of the journey of life, so is pain. What we can do is move through hard times with our eyes open. We can stop resisting and surrender to what is. It’s only then that we begin to move forward through the fear and pain.

Yes, this can be scary and painful, but movement is the beginning of growth. We must walk through the hard stuff to get to the other side.

I’m thinking of the analogy of someone standing on broken glass. If you resist the fact that you’re in pain or standing in a dangerous place you might be able to talk yourself out of the pain, to some extent. However, you’ll continue to live with mild to moderate discomfort until you take the chance and walk through the glass.

There is no question, walking through broken glass is painful and scary. You’ll probably experience more pain while walking through the shards, but on the other side you’ll be out of it and ready to heal. The pain and fear will either go away or leave a scar as a reminder of the fear and pain you felt, and then you can put on comfortable shoes to protect your feet in the future.

No relief can happen until you take the leap and face the truth of the situation.

Getting through something that you’re resisting is always challenging, but how you think about it can impact how hard it is for you.

Here are some tips for overcoming resistance:

1. Observation – I really like Buddhist thinking around coping with negative emotions. The idea is that you observe your emotions rather than become your emotions. This is much easier said than done, but if you practice this technique you become better at it.

2. Awareness – As you become more aware of times when your ego is resisting something, you can start to see a time of resistance as an opportunity for change. When we can see what is in front of us, we can make choices rather than blindly making knee-jerk reactions.

3. Expectations – Expect that you will have resistance in your life. We all have resistance to something and a certain amount of resistance is good, in fact necessary. The need to resist hurting others – this is good resistance, but know that sometimes you will discover that your avoidance of something is hurting you or interfering with your growth. Know that you are like all of us; human, imperfect, learning, growing and becoming more awesome by the day.

All too often our thoughts and reactions are our biggest obstacles to the awesome that is awaiting us on the other side. I know dealing with resistance is really hard work, let’s not pretend anything different. The alternative, however, is to remain stuck in a place that isn’t working.

What will you choose? Will you deny the discomfort you feel from standing on broken glass or will you walk out of it and into a life that feels better to you?

As we get better at the practice of shifting our resistance, we open ourselves up to real change and the amazing opportunities that await us! Wishing everyone a little movement with your own levels of resistance! Good luck!

themavencircle.com
Old 05-16-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Whenever I hear endless carping negativity---all I see is gutlessness.

Which is a shame because I think the people emanating these patterns
are trying to sound tough, strong, in the know, or world wise.

Pity. All I see are pussies afraid to live this adventure called life.

(clue bird: when they start talking about peak oil----it's time to leave!)
Old 05-16-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Anvil and Vale, your posts remind me of how important attitude is. Attitude can define whether negative or positive will fill our day.

A story I heard long ago tells of an old man sitting on his front porch in a small town. A new resident walks by and says "Old timer, what are the people of this town like?" And the old man asks "What were they like where you came from?" The newcomer replied "They were miserable and two faced and hard to get along with" And the old man answers "Reckon you'll find them about the same here."

Another fellow, new to town, walks by and says "Old man, what are the people of this town like?" And the old man asks "What were they like where you came from?" The fellow answered "They were kind and friendly, always there in times of need, and just pleasant to be around." The old man called out "Reckon you'll find them about the same here."

Half empty or half full...they are really about the same, but how we feel about either one is all based on our attitude.

Hugs