Nights

Old 05-13-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nights

I have been getting such good advice here. Thank you so much I do understand the urgency to get to a support group and begin the process of putting my life and my daughters life first. But I also know that for now it helps to ease my mind when I understand things better. So I am wondering about nights and if anyone experienced this. AB either won't go to sleep or sleeps a little and wakes up around 2 or 3 AM. is mean beligerant and sometimes doesn't make any sense when talking. He walks around and moves things or open and shuts things etc. it's like he is awake but not awake. Is this related to drug use or something separate. He is on Wellbutrin and his mom thinks he is having side effects to that.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You didn't mention what drugs he is using but any psychiatric med with drugs/alcohol is good!

If all fails, he can ask his prescribing doctor.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Brenda,

I have taken Wellbutrin with no side effects. I do not drink alcohol, tho. You are not to drink with it.

Is he under doctors care? would certainly be important to mention to his doc.

That sounds scary, and tiresome for you. no sleep for anyone, huh?
Old 05-13-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I understand the need for information about the addict's behaviors, etc...I REALLY do. I mostly looked for it so I could have undeniable proof he was using drugs. As hard as it is though, I truly believe the best thing is (if you believe he's in active addiction) for you and your daughter to distance yourself from him.

Do they live with you? If so, this is the road we traveled and it did not end well. The things that were stolen from us were just things and don't matter. BUT, the emotional and physical toll it took on my daughter? Heartbreaking! I wanted so badly for them to stay and together and be a family with their son. To the point I overlooked major red flags and continued to try to "help" him. We are still not okay emotionally and he will be leaving rehab next week and I don't know what effect that will have. I felt my daugther was doing better and healing a little since he's been gone but I see her anxiety creeping back in as his release date gets closer.

Brenda, please don't read any of this as judgement. I just read your posts and it takes me back to the beginning of our journey. You all will be in my prayers!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wellbutrin often has the side affect of not being able to sleep. As someone said above, mixing Rx drugs and alcohol is just a disaster waiting to happen. I am so sorry!

XXX
Old 05-13-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My rah used to do that... It was from abusing Xanax. This post reminded me of what I used to do and how I would battle with him to get back to bed. I am so sorry you are dealing with this.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Txhelp View Post
You didn't mention what drugs he is using but any psychiatric med with drugs/alcohol is good!

If all fails, he can ask his prescribing doctor.
In the past he has used opiates. We believe this time there has specifically been heroin and he has used Xanax in the past
Old 05-13-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Brenda, I used to take wellbutrin and would have night terrors. Sometimes I would wake up on the other side of the room screaming and sometimes I'd jabber. I'm ashamed to say I also drank pretty heavily while taking it.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

IDK - look it up yourself. psych meds and alcohol just do not mix. add a nicotine addiction and eating a whole bunch of sugar, and YES - that is a good recipe for CRAZY, MEAN and ABUSIVE. antidepressants NEVER worked for me when I was drinking on an almost daily basis. I'm just telling you the facts, sorry. but good luck
Old 05-13-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wellbutrin is a stimulant and causes insomnia.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

it also should NOT be taken with alcohol - but heck - who actually READs the labels on their 'happy pills".. sure - take em with ETOH and see how messed up one can get. lol