23 yr old son at it again

Old 05-04-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

23 yr old son at it again

Takes suboxone. Now he's using something else with it. I don't know what to do.
Losing hope. Ready to explode. I told him to go to detox and rehab. He is obnoxious. I'm at the end of my rope.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So what are your options right now?
Old 05-04-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you know what else he is taking? If it is some other sort of opiate he must be taking large amounts to get any effect... if thats the case overdose is very possible.. .if taking something else there is a large change of something bad happening too... (can be super dangerous to mix subs and anxiety meds for example)... Does your son live with you? Does he get any support from you? Does he obtain his meds legally?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

HiRndz,

If he is out of control, can you call 911? or police, if he is being destructive. I am so sorry , I understand a bit, as I have a son who can get very drunk and crazy.

hugs
chicory
Old 05-05-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Unhappy 23 yr old.

I don't know what other drugs he is taking. His suboxone is prescribed by a Doctor.
His behavior is erratic. My options are limited to
attending meetings. He is a liar, and a thief. Last month a 22 yr old friend just fell asleep at the wheel of a car, hit a tree and died. This son will not even talk to me about what killed him. By the way, I grew up watching this from 13 to 50. I stayed away from this behavior. Now it's in my home. My sons behavior is killing me.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so so sorry. I wish I knew the answers but I wanted you to know I am reading this, I support you, and that you and your son are in my prayers!

Originally Posted by Rndz7 View Post
I don't know what other drugs he is taking. His suboxone is prescribed by a Doctor.
attending meetings. He is a liar, and a thief. Last month a 22 yr old friend just fell asleep at the wheel of a car, hit a tree and died. This son will not even talk to me about what killed him. By the way, I grew up watching this from 13 to 50. I stayed away from this behavior. Now it's in my home. My sons behavior is killing me.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rndz7 View Post
Ask him to move out
Old 05-05-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cut him off from all your help. ..I know it's hard because he is your child but he is a grown up. .As long as he knows there is someone to "take care" of him. .. He will never grow up. Sorry about your friend. .. Sorry your having to deal with this. . Must be very tough. . My son's are 2... Hope I never end up in that place. ..
Old 05-05-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the responses. He needs to move out, and learn the cold hard facts of consequences.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just wanted to share that I also have a 22 year old addict, haven't been on here in a long time. My son was clean 8 months, doing wonderful! We found needles in his car Saturday, he was so stoned we didn't put him out for fear he would drive and hurt someone.come Sunday for the first time ever we made him leave, I have no idea where he is. I feel your pain it hurts no matter what u do...... (((((((Sending a hug)))))
Old 05-06-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thinking of you today, Rndz, and hoping you are taking care of you.

be strong, do what you believe in. he is going to need strong medicine, to get well. But you cannot let someone take you down with them, if they don't care about their life.

I know its terrible, as a mom. I wish you strength today.