Honesty of Being

Old 05-02-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Honesty of Being

Friday, May 2, 2014

Honesty of being

Instead of striving to figure out what to do, just do. There is no need to program or plan out every last detail of your success when you are simply and elegantly living it.

Rather than putting a lot of effort into understanding yourself, be yourself. Instead of collecting mere tokens of your desires, spend your time living and fulfilling your actual desires.

Don’t frustrate yourself seeking some arbitrary ideal of perfection. Fulfill your best possibilities in each and every moment through the simple, direct honesty of being.

Rather than striving for a specific result, put your energy into what you truly love. With authentic love as your motivation, the results you get will be very much to your liking.

Stop trying and start being. Stop trying and just start doing.

You can do truly amazing things when you give up the burdensome need to be amazing. Be, do, and live the wonder.

— Ralph Marston
Old 05-02-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I like this reading this morning because I tend to overthink and make what should be simple, a difficult task.

I read, I learn, I practice, I share, I add more to my plate...

Sometimes I need to put down the map and just drive. Sometimes I need to put down the manual and just "do".

Sometimes I need to stop figuring out how to live my life in recovery the way that will lead me best....and start living my life with joy and wonder and a sense of adventure each day.

I don't have to be perfect, I don't have to be a mold of what is good living, I just need to embrace life and live using my values as my compass and what I learned as my map.

Let's all go out today and just live our lives the best way we know how. Then we can all enjoy the sunset knowing we are who we are and that is "enough", as a matter of fact, that is fantabulous!

Hugs
Old 05-02-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

this is very timely! my sleep cycle has been getting or staying (?) more and more messed up again, to where i don't sleep more than 2, MAYBE 3 hours in consecutive order in a given night. the rest of the time is wake, flip, doze, wake , drink some water, lie back down, flip, doze.....over time the lack of good sleep catches up with me and my brain just doesn't function well. little mistakes at work, nothing major thank god, but mistakes i normally just don't make. tired all the time, you get the drill.

so this week pretty much my entire work group except for me is away at a meeting in SF. so i "gave" myself some time off - tuesday i was on remote access working feverishly to try and straighten out a grant app that was due by thursday - correcting my own mistakes, etc. then stayed home weds and didn't really pay attention to work email etc. but that doesn't mean my HEAD didn't chatter at me all damn day long.....most every statement started with YOU SHOULD.....

if you are going to stay home, you SHOULD get some things done around here. you should vacuum, you should get all the laundry done, you SHOULD mop the floor, you SHOULD you SHOULD you SHOULD. as if i was not entitled, did not deserve to just be still. rest. do NOTHING.

as weds rolled on, and i did get some rest (not sleep, but rest with some short doze periods) and felt a bit restored. it was really nice out so i chose to do some yardwork, not because i SHOULD, but because i wanted to. weed whacked, used the blower to tidy up the driveway. another rest period. slow, at my pace. and by late weds afternoon, i finally felt the "should" tension lift a bit.

i did go into the office yesterday, just lil ole me, got a bunch of stuff done and then bailed a bit early. and today i am staying HOME. and it's ok. actually even with another lousy night of sleep (thanks to the fitbit i know i got 6 hr and 44 mins of "sleep" - the time i tap it to sleep mode and then tap it out of sleep mode - awake for 18 mins and restless for 58) this morning is the most rested and refreshed i've felt. even hank gave me a break and will fend for himself for lunch, so no artful sandwich making at 5:30am! i did put some juice, chips and a string cheese in his lunchbox. and now i have the day to myself.

just had some asian dumplings for breakfast and with a nice full feeling in my tummy, i'm going to go take a little lie down!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Like you, Anvil, I can only balance by separating work from play...one reason I rarely work from home. You sound like you found your balance too.

I just finished tax season and I commit to longer hours and full time work for about 6-7 weeks. Now it's my time to work part time again, or no-time when things are slow, and enjoy my life on the days I am home. I plan to catch up on spring cleaning (which I love doing) and walking as much as I can when the weather is nice.

Rather than striving for a specific result, put your energy into what you truly love. With authentic love as your motivation, the results you get will be very much to your liking.
This was the clincher for me, in the reading, I need to do what I love and love what I do. I shall revisit this often in days to come.

Hugs
Old 05-02-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Ann, this really helps me today! I have been struggling to achieve a lot of goals and my tendency to future trip has been getting in the way. I want to finish some writing I'm doing for work, but for a while I was spending more time thinking about how it was going to get done than actually doing it. A man who interests me has recently come into my life, and I have spent way too much time thinking about how I can pursue him in just the right way that the relationship will work happily ever after! I needed to be reminded that all I can do is live my passions every day the best way I know how and let the results unfold as they may. Future tripping is the enemy of spontaneous joy!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this Ann! Great post!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by jjj111
Future tripping is the enemy of spontaneous joy!
Amen, sister. Every time.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

so today...after lounging til about 10:30, i finally got up and moving. had to run to the post office to pick up a parcel...that was my big "leave the property" event. then i got to thinking about mopping the floor......and with that? it was ON. i was a whirling dervish! mopped the floors, all the non-carpeted ones (duh!) on the upper level - entry way, kitchen, hallways, 2 bathrooms. put the sprinkle stuff on the carpet and then dyson'd the F out of it.

then i went for celings and walls. and windows. our big windows in the front room, inside and out - using the service ledge. that's always a scary proposition, it's quite the fall to the back cement patio!

took the hose and washed the two entry way wiindows and the kitchen window outside (double duh, and yes i did make sure the windows were CLOSED first), then said what the hell and hosed of that side of the house too!

scrubbed the kitchen cupboard doors and drawers. and the outside of the fridge.

and not once did my head say i SHOULD do these things...i did them for the satisfaction, and the desperate NEED and it looks all shiny and nice and my bare feet don't stick to the floor.

and dear hank, bless his heart, commented and complimented when he got home.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's what I'm doing today, Anvil. I was up early as I am most mornings and got my grocery shopping out of the way before the mobs came out. And now I am grabbing one room at a time and moving and tossing and cleaning closets and drawers, out with winter and in with spring, and I love it. After tax season, it's very nice not to use my brain. I even put on some classical music while I work, it stops my brain from going into overtime and makes it much nicer to work and hum along.

Tomorrow I shall treat myself to a nature day, but first I will squeeze as much joy out of today as I can.

Hugs
Old 05-04-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I love the idea of a spring purge, Ann! I think I might go through my drawers later today. I'm headed out now to ride a horse. I have been riding for a few years now, and it has brought me so much joy to get close to nature and bond with animals. And there's nothing like taking up a new sport as an adullt to keep you humble! In fact, I made the big decision yesterday to buy this horse. I've been getting to know him through my lesson program for six months and we've really bonded. I'm so excited to be welcoming a new fur baby! Being with him reminds me to be present in the moment, which is such a gift!
Old 05-04-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love horses, jjj, and I'm glad you bought yours.

It was sunny today, we haven't seen sun in a week, so I walked along the bay and took pictures of the swans who have returned to nest and make babies.

I connect spiritually when I walk with nature, all the cobwebs and tension just fades into the breeze and the sun, the breeze, and the sound of the birds just lift my spirits.

Enjoy my swans with me today...

Last edited by Ann; 02-08-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

They are lovely, Ann! Love the one unfurling its wings! Reminds you how simple it is to find beauty in the world.