Mother had 24 year old son arrested

Old 05-24-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am surprised by how you are describing the Salvation Army in your area. Other posters have spoke very highly of the ones in their area.

Anyway, keeping you and your son in my prayers.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It is common for residents of rehabs to want to leave at some time during the first month or so, but those who stay usually are glad they did. Those who actually leave often regret the decision but just are not ready...yet.

It was good that you did not offer him any other option, other than jail. Your response was excellent, drugs ARE everywhere and it's up to him to learn to walk past them , whether it is in the rehab, the shelter next door, or at the party for the town gazillionaire who just became mayor.

You are a fast learner, much faster than I was, and it seems your son will learn faster too when he has to do this on his own.

Hugs from this mama's heart.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

LoveMeNow. I too was told they were the best. It was definately chaos and a very depressing environment, but at this point I have to let go and not worry of the outside look. It's irrelevant. My son and many addicts like comfort. He is definately out of his comfort zone. Seriously, it's located less than 2 miles from Daytona Beach. It's a rougher crowd with many homeless people. I had him look at them as they say on the steps waiting for food telling him that probably would happen if he doesn't take this rehab seriously. Sometimes in life, we have to feel alone and uncomfortable in order to reach for a higher ground. I will not stop praying or give up hope on my son. He's has a very humble side of him and what I saw yesterday was fear. He's scared. He's alone. He knows he has to do this on his own. It was hard but I stood firm in his midst. Now when I left, I pulled into the nearest parking lot to ask God to comfort my pain and protect my son. I immediately felt a strength and returned home to my husband and there beautiful children that need me.

I want all of you on SR to know with your strength and words of wisdom along with my source of strength....my Father in Heaven....I've been able to endure this trial at this time. It's been a long seven years and I believe the timing has been key in this step I took. I did not have the strength to do this in previous years. My son was 8 months in rehab in Atlanta last year and he says he was sober the entire time. When he came home it was the fasted and hardest relapse I had seen and knew that this was gonna be the hardest fall. Although he called with honesty and told me he stole the items, I still followed through and had him arrested letting him know this behavior has to stop. That stealing is against the law whether it's my son or a stranger. Again I'm so grateful in my hopeless hours I came across SR. It's been such a source of strength I did not have. I love you all and pray for all our addicts and families. Hugs.
Dara Brown

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 05-25-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And we're praying for your boy here, that he finds the courage to finish rehab and find a better path.

hugs
Old 05-25-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers for you MarkDara.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your prayers. My son called today in good spirits. He stayed at rehab. I'm so proud of him. He went to church today and his words were only positive. I know that God hears our prayers. Happy Memorial Day. Hugs and love to all!!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery