Today sucks.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today sucks.

It just does. I dont remember any of the bad memories of my brother (looking through my post history brought back a few gems though). I just miss him so much and I'd give anything to hear his laugh again.

I hate that he still hasn't been buried. I hope I start to heal a little more once that ceremony is over. sometimes i think about him being gone and it just feels like i am in a terrible dream and that ill wake up and he will be back.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I remember your post about the loss of your brother. I'm so sorry you are hurting. Addiction sucks. It's a robber of souls. I often wonder if I will bury my son but try not to dwell on what I cannot control. I have no doubt your brother knew you loved him. He was very lucky to have a sister that could see him behind the addiction. You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Big hug to you.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grief has many phases, bigsister, and it takes time to process everything and heal.

Will they bury him soon? I think you may find closure once that happens.

Keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 04-30-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by bigsister1982 View Post
It just does. I dont remember any of the bad memories of my brother (looking through my post history brought back a few gems though). I just miss him so much and I'd give anything to hear his laugh again.

I hate that he still hasn't been buried. I hope I start to heal a little more once that ceremony is over. sometimes i think about him being gone and it just feels like i am in a terrible dream and that ill wake up and he will be back.
When my mentor passed a few years back, due to years of alcohol abuse, it was a shock but not a surprise. He hid it from me for virtually as long as I knew him. And the morning that I learned he had passed, it was...well, just awful. He was like the father I never had growing up, and I mourned him that way.

But something unexpected happened. He, in very many ways, is very much alive. In me. Everything he taught me, everything we talked about, everything we shared...that's the stuff that will live as long as I do. There are days his loss is acutely felt, but when I speak of him to those I care for the most, it's with love and with a smile not far from my face.

Your brother is still with you, too. It's in a different way than my mentor is with me. And your brother's loss is still acutely felt. That's OK. You're going to grieve for him as long as you need to. But I hope that somewhere along that path, you stop for a moment, close your eyes, and feel your brother. Maybe you can go somewhere that meant something to both of you and sit with your thoughts and your memories of him. And hopefully the good things about him will come to the forefront instead of the things that trouble you.

You'll get through this. A moment at a time.

ZoSo
Old 04-30-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Big sister, I cannot imagine anything that hurts worse than loosing a sibling or child. You shared so much, so many good memories, it must be so very hard.

I wish I could reach through here and give you a hug. Your brother will always be with you, somehow, and I believe it with all my heart.

keep him close in your thoughts. I think it helps us to think of them, and hold them close in our hearts.

my heart goes out to you.

chicory