With Every Choice

Old 04-20-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb With Every Choice

Saturday, April 19, 2014

With every choice

Every choice you make, makes a difference. Remember always to use that power wisely.

Every moment you live provides you with opportunity. Transform that opportunity into meaningful value in your own unique way.

You have immense power over the quality of your life and the shape of your world. That power is exercised in the choices you make.

When you live with positive purpose, a positive attitude and positive expectations, you’ll make positive, life-enriching choices. Those choices will reliably create a life of great fulfillment.

What you think, what you feel, what you say and what you do all matter very much. In every moment, with every choice, you move your life in a specific direction.

Make the commitment to always make that direction a good and meaningful one. Choose wisely, and live magnificently.

— Ralph Marston
Old 04-20-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Funny how these readings come along right when I need to see them.

When you live with positive purpose, a positive attitude and positive expectations, you’ll make positive, life-enriching choices. Those choices will reliably create a life of great fulfillment.

What you think, what you feel, what you say and what you do all matter very much. In every moment, with every choice, you move your life in a specific direction.
I am reminded today that I have a choice in how I live, no matter what my circumstance.

I remember the days that I felt overcome by the darkness and I felt like I would never get out. What led me out was the light...the light of those at my meetings, the light of inspiring articles I read, the light of nature calling me to come see how lovely the world is today.

My choice became clear, I could sit home and remain sad and lost or I could muster up the courage to step outside my house, outside myself, and just go for a walk and find the light as I went. I walked to the library and found some uplifting books to read, I went to meetings more than I had before, and I slowly found myself a little less sad, a little less isolated and eventually the light led me to a better way to live.

I had choices, I still do, and today I choose to find the light and live in it.

Hugs
Old 04-20-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Okay, so today is Sunday April 20th. Funny how that worked too because on the site where I read these each day...they have not yet turned the date.

Coincidence? I think not.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Great posts Ann. Thank you!! You always know what I need. Coincidence? I think not.

Happy Easter!!! Hugs and more hugs!! Do I get to give a pinch for good luck too?
Old 04-20-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for this! I could have continued wallowing in my pity, sadness and despair....but when I realized how many things I was giving up because I was choosing to stay focused on my son's addiction, I decided it was time. Time to reclaim some joy and happiness in my life....and like Ann, that came from believing there is s great big world out there waiting to embrace us! Happy Easter to you!!
Old 04-20-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks, Lizwig. It takes real effort sometimes, to find joy when we really don't feel like it. Some days it's just hard to get out of bed and get dressed. But it doesn't have to stay that way.

What helped me was making a commitment to myself to do something positive every day, however small. Progress was better than staying frozen in my life of despair.

I forced myself to walk around several blocks and smile and say hello to any people I met along the way. I forced myself to go one place, a shop or an art gallery or any one place where I would make myself have a short conversation and actually interact with a human being.

I bought a camera and committed to going out each say to take a picture of something wonderful I saw, whether it was a bird or a squirrel or a deer...anything that I could look at later and say to myself "that wasn't so bad, it was kind of nice to get out."

It was too easy for me to remain in my house and keep myself "safe from the world". As it turned out, I wasn't keeping myself safe from "me".

We get to choose how happy we are. We get to choose to live in the solution instead of the problem. We get to decide that we deserve a life filled with joy and beauty and then we have the right to get out there and find it.

Choices? We do have choices every day.

Hugs
Old 04-22-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ann- you are such a great inspiration to so many of us here on SR! I love how you always share these wonderful articles but then show us how we can incorporate the great advice into our lives. Thank you!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ann, I really appreciate this , especially as I tend to isolate, to be a hermit, when I have things I really would love to go do.

I cannot imagine you so down and struggling, but you learned how to swim instead of drown in sorrow. thats what I want to do too.

I am shy and it makes it tough to do things alone. but that is how I could meet people and make new friends.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am shy too, Chic. You wouldn't know it to meet me because in business I have learned how to interact and socialize but in private life I like quietude and only a friend or two at a time. I don't care much for parties, I go if it's a wedding or an occasion where I need to honour someone. I think that's why I too took to isolation when I was broken and down.

I learned that I had to make choices, like the reading said. Nobody else was going to "fix" me, so I made small choices at first, to get out and interact with humans if only for an hour, then two, then a meeting, then a volunteer group. I had to make choices to find my way out of my dark hole.

Each choice led to another until one day I realized I was standing in the light of life and living again...and happy.

I thought about this reading a lot today, and will think on it more. My path in life is determined by the choices I make along the way.

Hugs
Old 04-22-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Allthatsgood, one of my recovery practices is to find readings or prayers or inspirations each morning, then take time to ponder what they say and what it means to me. It's a great way to begin my day on an up note.

Sometimes I bring them here to share when I think I find something others might find uplifting too.

I'm glad you enjoy them as much as I do.

Hugs
Old 04-22-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You know, each day, I begin here at SR, with my coffee. I often read something inspirational here, your postings Ann, sometimes the Native ones.. and I take them to work with me.
I practice positive things, and try to use them in my dealings at work. some of my co workers are tough to like, and sometimes there is much drama. but I try to remember to use what I heard here. and it brings good things, good feelings about myself, and I don't get caught in the negative as much. It is also good in that the new people learn from example... I want to spread good things, and set a standard that will keep it a positive place to work.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Aww, you flatter me Chic, but it really does make a difference in our day and our attitude when we begin with positive thoughts.

I try to draw on these readings as I face situations through the day and it keeps me connected with my recovery.

We are how we think so I try to think good thoughts.

hugs