The Daily Love

Old 04-11-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Daily Love

I was in a little bit of a funk earlier this week.

A client acted out of character.
She was calling me every day.....even at night and on the weekends.
I was getting pretty irritated because she kept asking for the same business information...which I gave her over and over again.

..... and then.....

she told me that there is gossiping going on about my husband and I getting a divorce. And I knew.....just knew.....that she was calling to try to "get the scoop".

There isn't anything about my situation that has anything to do with my business with her. It was pure....out and out gossip.....and it hurt.....

She said "There are all of these rumors going around out there and I'm trying not to listen to them" I said "Well...that's easy.... don't listen to them."

I had to take a little bit of time to sort that out. It made me feel like I had done something wrong.

I could have told her that he is an addict. But I didn't. It's none of her business.

I could have confirmed or denied that we are divorcing...but I didn't.

I did confirm that I am selling the beach condo...because that is public record and she asked.

She inferred that I am in financial difficulty....which is not true. I could have told her that I just sold my house and got a big fat check....but I didn't. It's none of her business.

What I am learning is that, unfortunately....alot of these people need to no longer be a part of my life.

Out of the hurt that I felt....My tone with her was not calm and businesslike....and I have regrets about that....

I told her to find someone else to work with. I don't regret that part.

I read this today on a blog I receive in my inbox.....
Sharing here....and acknowledging that (most times) I am able to keep my cool. Times when I don't feel I can....I need to read this and own my own thoughts and reactions.

From The Daily Love The Daily Love

In every relationship it's important to remember where resentment, anger and jealousy originate - within us.

We build walls, kill intimacy and keep love out by creating resentment within ourselves. And it's only natural to project this resentment onto other people in our lives, especially those we hold dearest to our hearts.

But, our challenge is, time and time again, to come back to ourselves and see that we are 100% responsible for our emotions. It may seem, on the surface, like a totally natural and logical thing to blame others for how we feel. We believe that "they did" something "to us." But see, the thing is, no matter what "they did" "to us", it was always in the past. So, how we live NOW and in the future is in our hands. How do you want to interpret the events of the past? What meaning do you want to apply to the past?

Also, can we have the awareness to step outside ourselves and see how we are showing up in the relationships in our lives? What unexpressed feeling or emotion are we allowing to well up within us, slowly, day by day? Can we own that we are not keeping our side of the table clean?

We can't take responsibility for other people's action, but we are 100% responsible for our reaction to other people. Also, we cannot blame other people for us not keeping our side of the street clean.

Knowing that we have power on both sides of a transgression is a game changer because we see that we can begin to take responsibility for our lives, instead of just being at the whim or other people, places or situations.

How people treat you defines them, how you respond defines you. What happened is what happened. What you choose to do from here will determine the future.

In every moment, the choice is yours.

Affirmations for today:

I act on my Faith today and every day forward.

I trust that day by day, my dreams will come around as I act on them.

My inner world is stronger than the outer world. I carve out life to look like my vision, one day at a time.