Question - out of lack of education

Old 04-10-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question - out of lack of education

I have never been around an addict and my AH really did a great job of covering up his addiction, even when the proof was there, he still was able to be ssoooooooooo convincing . I saw him today after not seeing hi. For a few weeks. He swears he is sober and hasn't used crack in weeks. Here's what I saw: eyes red- couldn't look me in the eye- mouth so dry that his top lip seemed to disappear- mouth so dry that he couldn't even close his mouth well. And he says he's one using..... I don't give him credit for trying and now he's taking me to court (not sure why or what for, we have nothing) all because I confronted him about being high again when he's supposed to be taking this time away from the family to recover. This is just me checking myself. I've been told I'm crazy so many times, I know I'm right I just need another sober person to say it.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I should also say that one of my biggest fears is that I'll accuse him while he is trying to be sober.... Ugh. Did I let him rope me in again? I should just save as much money as I can and move, right? Change my number- i would love to do that. Money is an issue and a place that accepts dogs, cats and chickens:/
Old 04-10-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

does that description SOUND like a healthy sober person?????? no hon, dude is cracked OUT. quit believing what he says. has he actually contracted a lawyer and put a suit before the courts? or has he just SAID he's gonna.....?

move. go. get away. do NOT get roped in. SEE what you SEE. believe what you SEE. not what he says.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
painless

He was high...

Everything u mentioned especially the dry lips and his inability to look you in the face is a spot on and dead on giveaway... next time just look at his finger tips and look for them to be burnt and full or soot. hes a crack head and unless u get him locked up through the legal system where he can be arrested to save his own life because lets face it... if hes still smoking crack which he is and probably worse then a Navaho Chief smokes a peace pipe then having him baker acted will start the process. u can have him locked up for 30 to 60-90days where hell get the much needed help he desperately needs... best of luck my friend... your in my prayers... you, your family and your son or friend etc...
Old 04-10-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
does that description SOUND like a healthy sober person?????? no hon, dude is cracked OUT. quit believing what he says. has he actually contracted a lawyer and put a suit before the courts? or has he just SAID he's gonna.....? move. go. get away. do NOT get roped in. SEE what you SEE. believe what you SEE. not what he says.
Thank you, thank you! I just needed to hear that and I was sitting here praying that someone would just confirm that the white looking dry mouth and lack of eye contact and nervousness - and now anger and threats... Was insanity! Now his mother is calling me trying to get his affairs in order ; pay for his cell phone bill, etc- transfer it into her name so she can pay while he smokes crack with what money he earns.... Icky-
Old 04-10-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He's lying. Crack heads don't stop smoking crack. It's what they do. Unless he spent the last three weeks in a sober institution, it's statistically probable (almost a certainty) that he has not stopped using. My husband went to jail for two weeks and swore that two week stint would be just what he needed for a fresh start. He was using within 24 hours of his release
It's very unfortunate but the best way to respond to a crack addict is to RUN as fast as you can in the other direction.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PAINLESS66 View Post
Everything u mentioned especially the dry lips and his inability to look you in the face is a spot on and dead on giveaway... next time just look at his finger tips and look for them to be burnt and full or soot. hes a crack head and unless u get him locked up through the legal system where he can be arrested to save his own life because lets face it... if hes still smoking crack which he is and probably worse then a Navaho Chief smokes a peace pipe then having him baker acted will start the process. u can have him locked up for 30 to 60-90days where hell get the much needed help he desperately needs... best of luck my friend... your in my prayers... you, your family and your son or friend etc...

Help- what does this mean? Baker acted? Do tell....
Old 04-10-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yogagurl View Post
He's lying. Crack heads don't stop smoking crack. It's what they do. Unless he spent the last three weeks in a sober institution, it's statistically probable (almost a certainty) that he has not stopped using. My husband went to jail for two weeks and swore that two week stint would be just what he needed for a fresh start. He was using within 24 hours of his release It's very unfortunate but the best way to respond to a crack addict is to RUN as fast as you can in the other direction.

Yeah- I'm waiting for him to do something stupid, like come to the house and try to torment me and I'll have him removed by the police and I'll file a restraining order. He is still on probation until June anyway for assault and battery on me:/ an argument over, of course, drugs.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PAINLESS66 View Post
if hes still smoking crack which he is and probably worse then a Navaho Chief smokes a peace pipe
Stereotype much? I'm Native American and that is incredibly offensive.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chino View Post
Stereotype much? I'm Native American and that is incredibly offensive.
Me too, 1/4 - but I don't really care about a saying that gets the point across - I'm just asking for advice. Have any for me?