boyfriends drug use and.evaluation coming.up

Old 03-27-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

boyfriends drug use and.evaluation coming.up

not sure where to post this involves a dui but im more worried about the oxy he takes. we called today and set up an evaluation for alcoholism and.drugs. im not.sure when it becomes an addiction? been going on over a year and last week got dui and pot charge but be was high on oxy thats what worries me the most. ideas what happens next at the appointment? couldnt get in until next week unless it was an emergency check in, that scared us so were waiting. dont know what to expect.
the attorney said pot charge will get tossed and he will be reqjired to.do alcohol program but were not sure its enough. ?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Carrie

It will be what it will be, worrying about it won't change anything.

He needs to decide if drinking/drugging is interfering with life and putting him and anyone with him in a dangerous position...and DUI would do that, I would think.

If he's troubled by his drinking he should stop.

If you're troubled by his drinking, you need to take pause and decide what you will or will not allow in your life.

If neither of you are troubled, and he is court ordered to rehab or AA meetings....he might want to grab the opportunity and see if it doesn't make his life healthier and happier.

Hugs
Old 03-27-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi CarrieBear
There is no need to worry about the appointment....worrying won´t change anything. I hopoe he will be honest with them so that he can receive the help and guidance that is appropriate for him.

Time will reveal more....it always does.

hugs
ke
Old 03-27-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

were trying to plan. he decided to try to detox at home starting tomorrow and.his cousin came over and.brought him some stuff, his dad was here, cant stand the cousin blames him and thinks detoxing at home is stupid but hes done it before. his cousin left with his stash.but he kept a couple of 40, he snorted half of one and says the rest will get him through work and thats it. Im sick of these pills, him being asleep and walking dead all the time.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I hope he follows through on his plan to detox. It would be best if he talks to his doctor for direction or goes to a detox centre. It can be dangerous to do this on your own, and it is going to get ugly for a while so you may want to have a place to get away from this.

"Tomorrow" is here, good luck, I hope he can stop.

Hugs
Old 03-28-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks

hes detoxed before and its like a bad flu. not looking forward to seeing him like that but maybe this will be the last time. i wouldnt feel right about leaving and its too hard to pack up our son for a.weekend. Its his own fault hes going through this. not feeling like trying to kiss him a.d make it better today because hes not my favorite person right now
Old 03-29-2014, 03:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarrieBear View Post
thanks

hes detoxed before and its like a bad flu. not looking forward to seeing him like that but maybe this will be the last time. i wouldnt feel right about leaving and its too hard to pack up our son for a.weekend. Its his own fault hes going through this. not feeling like trying to kiss him a.d make it better today because hes not my favorite person right now
How's your son doing in all of this? It must be pretty stressful for him too.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks.for asking about him. he's only 1 has no idea, hes playing.today like normal and happy. he loves his daddy. its makes me sick thinking he will miss a lot if it.doesnt.stop now before he becomes aware dad sleeps.too much, dad.doesnt play enough.