Feeling .. weird

Old 03-24-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
K9 Trainer, Ret. Sys Engr

Riverview chick... did you find the articles.... I had a hard time finding it again, so once I did I saved it offline.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...loved-one.html

here you go
Old 03-24-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I just wanted to let you know I am reading along with you, I support you. Please reach out to your town and see if there are any community resources for you. So many times we don't even know what is out there.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Tight Hugs!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

L0stH0pe - hope you're feeling better today. it may not seem like it to you, but to me, it seems that you are making progress. these might not be the steps to be easily noticeable, but you are moving forwards. at least, you did try and look for options for yourself. even thought the answer is no today, that does not mean that it will not be a yes tomorrow. and I want to congratulate you on the way you handled yourself when you knew that AH was not being truthful. You let it be. and you continued to focus on yourself. to me that speaks volumes and takes a lot of courage and discipline. I have been separated from my AH for over 3 yrs and don't know if I would have been able to just let it go if I was sure that he was lying.

also, for you it makes it A LOT more difficult because you are constantly around him. dealing with our AHs on a daily basis makes it feel as if you're taking one step forward and two steps backward at times. but just remember, you still DID take that ONE step forward. you are no longer in the same complacent state, no longer paralyzed by his addiction.

I don't have time to write more right now. hope all this makes sense (not sure myself), but wanted to give you some encouragement. you ARE strong, brave, and you DO have what it takes to get yourself back on your feet. stay strong. keep venting and posting. that's what we're here for.

hugs and hope

pacific

Last edited by pacificsunrise; 03-25-2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-25-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you.