Just talking

Old 03-15-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just talking

Ever have a day where you suddenly realize that your self care really stinks even though you think you're on top of it? Hello, self...I'm a little bit sorry.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yes and those are the days that I buy myself flowers and promise myself to do better because I am soooo worth "BETTER".

So are you.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yup, which is why this gal just emerged from a lovely soaky Epsom Salt bath! and I said to myself again, WHY don't I do that more often???
Old 03-15-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann. Next week will hopefully be smoother sailing...
Old 03-15-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder about self care.
Well, self care is what this discussion is all about.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I made my mom trim a couple inches off my hair yesterday. And now I think I might quit being super stingy for an hour and go in to get every broken end cut off & some layers put in to help (I trust my mom to trim, but not any real haircut- I can't tell you how many times it took me to learn that lesson. Looked like Pat Benetar last time I let her cut it. That was not what I wanted.)
But anyways...I felt so much better after she trimmed it. And I bought a purse & wallet & necklace the day before that.
It feels so good to be on my own financially right now!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I got a massage yesterday, and it's been way too long. After 3 mins he just quietly laughed and said "wow" under his breath. I said "yeah, I've had a stressful week". At my shoulders and upper back he actually laughed out loud and said it was like a rock that he broke into boulders. He could not believe these were muscles, not bone.

It was incredibly painful, but it certainly helped me with "staying in the moment", which was my goal for that 90 minutes.

I also read something about magnesium- it depletes with stress and is hard to absorb via vitamins. Magnesium helps the brain uptake serotonin...so low magnesium equals inhibited serotonin. I can't have that!!!

The answer is Anvil's Epsom salt bath, which highly absorbs through your skin. Finished the day with that one. Sitting here wondering where that serotonin high is, ha ha.

Baby steps.

Lol, today my upper back feels like I got hit by a truck!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

nothing wrong with picking it up a notch

I'm called to do this often

MM
Old 03-16-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

Self care. This is a brand new concept to me these days! Got a haircut yesterday and went clothes shopping today. Also got a new journal so I can get rid of the garbage in my head and let more light into my life!!! And when the squirrels start racing in my brain I crank up the music! Think I'll do one of those Epsom salt soaks tonight - you're right MMBob 'nothing wrong with picking it up a notch'!

Thanks for the reminder Praying. It's starting to sink in - be kind to yourself, be gentle, be patient…..
Old 03-16-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This was so good for me to see. it's been entirely too long that I have been last on my list. So this weekend I did a good bit of me stuff and it feels good.