Calling all Oldtimers...What Works For You

Old 02-13-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post

My life changed when I opened my mind and shut my mouth.

gentle hugs
ke
exactly!!

Very very PINKFUL Kindeyes! Very PINKFUL indeed!

pink hugs!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Gosh, something to think about. Nothing made a huge immediate impact, but it was slow and steady, like the frog working his/her way out of the boiling water.

Like Al-Anon says, when I got busy I got better. When I started going seriously to Al-Anon. When I started doing service work for Al-Anon. When I forced myself to pay attention to my other healthy children and got the rewards of that. When there were a few times when the AS actually came close to accepting my offers of help (I saw that detaching was helping him to take the full burden of his decisions, a good thing). When I got a dog (first time ever) and saw the world through a beagle's eyes. To a dog, there is not a bad day. Every day is an adventure, and I get to participate in it with her because she has to be walked. Taking a walk with a dog brings out the friendly in everybody else we come across - so different than walking alone. I cannot believe the tender stories strangers will tell me about beagles they had in the past.

YouTube has a really nice 2-minute piece called "God and Dog." I think I will go watch that right now.

Good topic. Thanks for asking.

Sojourner.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Here's the link to God and Dog, Sojourner, I never saw it before but it's lovely and thank you for mentioning it.

GoD And DoG by Wendy J Francisco - YouTube

Zing, I love Kenny G and that water and beach looks just like the shore by my place.

Listening to good music, watching videos that life my heart...more ways to bring myself to a happier, calmer place.