Can't lose an addict easily

Old 02-11-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't lose an addict easily

I am filing for divorce from my addict husband, not contacting him, only responding to his calls or texts by asking him to leave me alone and he will NOT let up. Not one bit. I would block him but I am only trying to catch him saying something that would deem me eligible for legal aid by his threats. Years of paying no attention to the marriage and always telling me to leave him alone and now he won't stop bothering me. I was told that you can't lose an addict. But, WOW!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Give it time. He will most likely get mad and you will get what you wish for...then block him. Glad you are getting away from the situation. Good Luck and God Bless!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear he is being so relentless. What kind of legal aid are you hoping for? Maybe you should consider not replying at all, even to say leave me alone? It might be that he's just looking for any response and that if he gets no response he will finally give up? Just a thought. Good luck!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

same boat here. He actually created a situation 2 weeks ago that enabled me to get a restraining order, it was terrifying. He immediately violated it and was out in jail for the weekend. But has now taken to anyway he can to contact me.

I was thinking the same thing, before he wanted me to leave alone with his addiction and now totally different story.

We have to stay strong and hope one way or another there will be an end to this for us. Well....at least somewhat. I share kids with him.

Hope things get better for you soon!!!
In the meantime try to still enjoy the little things!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think they don't let up because it would be a lack of control on their part and they finally have to face the fact that there are consequences to their addiction and losing family and loved ones is one of them.

Take good care of yourself, don't engage unless you have to...let him go to voice mail and you will have a recording if he rages there.

God luck, you deserve so much better than all this.

Hugs
Old 02-12-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by jzeb2008 View Post
I am filing for divorce from my addict husband, not contacting him, only responding to his calls or texts by asking him to leave me alone and he will NOT let up. Not one bit. I would block him but I am only trying to catch him saying something that would deem me eligible for legal aid by his threats. Years of paying no attention to the marriage and always telling me to leave him alone and now he won't stop bothering me. I was told that you can't lose an addict. But, WOW!!!
Well, be careful. As soon as you have something, you should block him. Don't play games.

ZoSo
Old 02-12-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Zoso, he has officially been blocked.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you, jzeb! I remember how hard it was when I finally changed my number so my AXBF couldn't contact me. I felt so guilty, how would he make it without me? I really believed I was crucial to his survival! And it was hard just because I realized I was really letting the relationship go. At the same time, though, I felt such a sense of peace knowing I didn't have to deal with anymore of his very upsetting calls! I hope you too will find some peace.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Every time I start to doubt what I am doing, I get on SR and find a post from one of you expressing EXACTLY what is happening in my life, and then I think "Wow, really? This is still all addict behaviour?". Not sure why it is surprising every time, but it is.

I understand why people decide to have no contact with their ex addicts now. But what about when you share kids?