So I dialed 911...

Old 02-12-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am so glad you are making it a priority to get support for you. I also agree that sleep is healing when you really need it. Be kind to yourself and take good care of you!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. : )

I just called the place I went to (and my son went to twice) to get an appointment and they have totally changed their procedure for getting an appointment. Because of my work schedule and this storm that is coming, I won't be able to go until next Wednesday. Oh well, I'll see what happens. The last time I went it was after the crackhead ex made us homeless and we moved here. It seems like a lifetime ago...

Today, though, I am having such huge anxiety attacks. I am breathing through them and trying so hard to calm down. I looked up the recovery "community" in Wilmington, NC (somewhere along my travels I came across that) and made mention to my son about it. He really doesn't want to go anywhere. Do they ever? o . O I told him he really needs to get away from here. I know that it's all up to him. I never thought I would get to the point of wanting my "child" out of here. It is just so stressful.

Gots to finish getting ready for work. Can only hope that we do not have a repeat of last Wednesday. Especially with this stupid storm coming. ugh.

Take care SR. : ) Prayers for all.

su : )
Old 02-13-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Txhelp;4462819]I could not have done it without my support at SR. Thank you many times over...sharing, hearing, and responding to your life stories have helped me more than words can say.

I have 3 addicts that I love dearly. Two adult children (age 19 and 25) and my husband.

My husband has been doing terrific in his recovery. He has been working night shift 7 days a weeks (12 hour days), at a refinery. It's tiring but he managed a meeting once a week; does workbook activities when he comes home; and speaks to his sponsor daily. Does he want recovery? Heck yes...it looks like recovery. His attitude and behavior tells me he is working it.

My kids...well my daughter went to sober living. Looked to be doing well but her 3 weeks mark came around and she was booted out for being past curfew and an "iffy" drug test. My mother told me the news as she hasn't confided in me.

My son still sleeping on someones couch. He is attempting to work on his car and wants to move to a nearby city for oilfield work...once the car works and he has a few dollars in his pocket. He hasn't worked in a few months and supplements with odd jobs.

My kids recovery is hit and miss. My sons behaviors and attitude feels balanced but no job has me question if he is really sober. Same thing with my daughter.

I am not around my kids hardly as all. This is what I have to do to keep my peace. My husband requested that they not come around when he is awake/home due to their recent addict behavior (manipulative; moody).

I am waiting it out time-wise to let them figure things out. It hurts my heart to not have contact as much. Really, my contact in the past has been me asking questions; giving unsolicited advice; offering help; or being asked for help. Not a healthy relationship and frankly very one-sided.

I feel detached; gained some peace; left the guilt out of the equation.

Things I tell myself:
1. It's their business.
2. Their recovery is up to them and non of my business (again)
3. This is the life that they are choosing.

Just thought I'd share. I have come along way in 6 months.[/QUOT

Oops! I meant for this to be a new thread. Can I please move this.....thanks!