Prayer for the Homeless Stranger

Old 01-15-2014, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Prayer for the Homeless Stranger

I posted a while back about how since my husbands addiction happened, I see more red flags out there in the real world in regards to people using drugs, crimes probably drug related, etc.

There has been this man who has been wandering around our downtown area for a few weeks. Starting to worry a lot of the shop keepers because of his appearance and behavior. A few people talked to him and had bits of information who knows if what was translated down is accurate. Some said he was a war veteran, others smelled alcohol on his breath, most of us thought he had a drug/alcohol or mental health issue. The police talked to him a few times but he never did anything except loiter about. He would move on, and return a few days later. So every night people locked up tight, set the alarms because no one really knew what was going on with this stranger in our town.

This morning I got a phone call with news that the seemingly homeless stranger had been found dead near a business downtown, and they are believing it to be a drug overdose.

..... this post is to recognize this stranger whoever he was, that indirectly entered so many lives....and left us feeling sad.... and to offer a prayer for his family who must be out there somewhere...and will soon get find out their brother, son, or father is now gone.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

They are definitely in my thoughts. We just had the same thing happen in my town. 50 year old homeless man OD'd in the bathroom of a local bar. He frequented the homeless shelter here and was portrayed as a kind man with a lost soul. When the article ran in the paper I was afraid to read it because it just as easily could have been my ex. Honestly heartbreaking. No matter how awful I was treated and the hell I went through I still would shed a million tears and my heart would always be a little heavier if that happened to him.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A prayer going out for this stranger's soul and his family. This is the fear that many of us live with who have children lost in addiction. Prayers for all of them as well.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-16-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allforcnm View Post
..... this post is to recognize this stranger whoever he was, that indirectly entered so many lives....and left us feeling sad.... and to offer a prayer for his family who must be out there somewhere...and will soon get find out their brother, son, or father is now gone.
A beautiful gesture. Thanks, allforcnm. There are so many stories like this. I hear them all too frequently, even in the small city where I live. Thanks for recognizing this man's life.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by HealingWillCome View Post
A beautiful gesture. Thanks, allforcnm. There are so many stories like this. I hear them all too frequently, even in the small city where I live. Thanks for recognizing this man's life.
Indeed it was - how kind of you to recognize this man for the person he was and to be concerned for those who loved him throughout his life. Adding my prayer. Thanks for posting this.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I saw a very lonley looking homeless man meandering down the road yesterday. It made me think of this post. All I could do is pray. How very sad.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Very sad.

I feel so appreciative of those who help addicts and those who run homeless shelters because I think if one day my son should be there that I hope someone can provide him with the help that we're not able to.

As an atheist I don't believe about giving over someone to God but I do believe that we humans are here for each other and hopefully if one of us can't help someone than someone else can. At the very least, the survivor's have each other for comfort or counsel.

What a waste when drugs hit a family and society.

Kari