No more and my withdrawals!

Old 01-19-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good news! My daughter was discharged from the hospital today. I picked her up and she had an interview with the sober living home. There were 2 other interviews, before her, but they failed to show up!

She is now officially an occupant of a sober living home. It's in a quaint neighborhood near the bus line. Her father and I are paying for a month. Her job is to obtain employment during that time and become self sufficient.

I met the other women, in the home. They seemed like a good group and very welcoming. They are committed to sobriety and only want someone serious in the home. My daughter is hopeful as many have gone through the same things (legal system) as she is currently. She feels that they may be supportive. They invited her to a meeting tonight.

I prayed for God's will and it was presented. Now, I need to take it a day at a time.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Great news!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm so glad this turned out so well. My prayers go out for your daughter too, that this is the new beginning she needs to put her life back on a good path.

Hugs
Old 01-19-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm happy for your daughter and all your family, TX!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

great news

Last edited by nicole100; 01-19-2014 at 07:59 PM. Reason: did not see that the situation had changed dramatically
Old 01-19-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you! We packed up her things but upon leaving she was feeling overwhelmed. I spoke to her but what put her in a peaceful place was when I pointed out that Gods will is being done. He isn't putting this before her to punish. This is good and healthy and a door that has been opened.

This isn't by luck! It happened quickly and smoothly.

She said she feels broken. I told her you are now in a perfect place to allow God to lead you.....just listen.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

This sounds so positive! Thank you very much for sharing with us! My son lived in an Oxford house and the other guys there were very supportive. He met some people very committed to their sobriety, and although he ultimately relapsed, these are the same individuals who have told him when he is ready for help to call on them....that is very comforting to me. I hope when he's ready he does reach out to them as they are better equipped to help him...

I'm really happy for you today. This could be your daughters turning point!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Yaaayyyyyy....... I'm so very happy for you, your daughter & your Mother, Txhelp. That is all Wonderful & I don't believe in luck so we do know that God is taking good care of your daughter. Sooooo..... NOW it's time for you to take care of You.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

TX what fantastic news! I am so very happy that things turned out so well for you and your daughter. I will pray for continued healing and sobriety for her. It is so nice to see good news on here. I know not everyone believes in God or a higher power but I do and I believe He had his hand in bringing your daughter there.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear your daughter is going to sober living!

I'm rarely in the substance F&F, but I wandered over here today. I'm usually reading in alcohol F&F.
I've been so stressed I can't find relief anywhere. None of my usual escape methods have worked, and I haven't laughed, really laughed, in quite awhile.

That bit about the dog brought me to tears I was laughing so hard. So where is the dog now?
That she used "the dog is skinny" to get to your soft side is what made me laugh so hard, as it's so ridiculous. No doubt though that the dog could have suffered if she was out of cash...but, the bright side...the dog is safe to some degree because she couldn't smoke the dog....just sayin'
Old 01-20-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Blueskies.....The dog is NOT that skinny!

Really...she isn't! She is staying with me and looks fine! My daughter LOVES her dog and really I would be surprised if she was skinny due to lack of food. Perhaps skinny because of stress.

I think that statement touched us all in that we have been there....via text or phone call. We don't know what to think....

Really, when they are desperate we hear all sorts of things don't we? It is obvious that was a manipulation.....I can SEE that the dog is fine....
Old 01-20-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

One day down in sober living. I visited her today to drop off a few things. She was alone as the other women were out-working etc. A few dropped in during our visit.

My daughter and I were looking over the bus route maps...figuring it out.

She ended up with a ride tonight to her drug classes from one of the women.

This situation has surprised her as she thought it would be "rehab like." It's not.

It's like a home with built in support. You do normal stuff but have some rules...and find other things to do besides partying.

I told her today..."this is your place. Isn't it cool that you have your own space and really you just have to respect the others and it's good. She agree that it was way different than she expected."

It really helped when one of the women came to visit her before she had the interview to tell her how sober living works. I know every sober living home is different and some can be really strict. However, once they are informed they can make better decisions.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

That is great news! I'm so happy things are heading in a positive direction for her. And for you too. Hopefully you can take some time to do something nice for yourself, even if it's just getting some much-needed rest.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Fantastic news,Txhelp!
Best wishes for your daughter.

Here's to FAT DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good morning tx. I hear so much much of my own own struggles in your post. I think it's a very hopeful thing that the women from the sober living will go and visit her. It may put a whole new spin on it for her seeing other girls just like her. You're being so strong. I admire that! It's a very "difficult" (insert stronger word here) thing to let our daughters couch hop. It's different with girls. That's just the way I feel. My daughter is couch hopping too right now. Stay strong.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Tony

I am contemplating sober living myself because it am stuck in the same rut. I hope she does well!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

TRA: I see my post has been resurrected from January.

My daughter stayed a month and was booted out for breaking curfew, given a drug test and was popped for benzos. She was told that she could come back after one month.

She didn't have any place to go. She ended up bouncing ,hard, around town for that month time. No job, no car, no money, no food, no shelter. She was also very depressed and anxious (duh! who wouldn't be?/).

She applied for the Oxford house, after the month break. She was accepted but the probation period was longer. My mom extended the offer of allowing my daughter to live with her under certain rules (working; curfew; no drugs etc).

So far, my daughter has been sober for 3 months. She attends church with me and a church in which she has made connections with kids her age. She is working 25-30 hours a week; doing probation (classes and/or community service). She just completed her drug class and earned a certificate.

I am so proud of her....she even has been off Facebook for 2 months; distanced her self from her older, player boyfriend (unhealthy relationship); and no longer is on psychiatric medications. She stated that she wanted to try to get healthy on her own.

She has had depressed times but not as frequent or as long. One day at a time!

The sober living home was beneficial as it is a supportive environment and motivating. At least for her. Every one was serious about their recovery (working; meetings; family) and if you weren't then you weren't there.

I would recommend it as a transition place. The rent was reasonable and doable for limited income.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm happy for both of you