Possible to quit opiates on his own?

Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Something I forgot to add in my above post was that it was during our engagement that he baca me addicted to pain killers. His addiction was only a year old when he went to rehab...here I am 10 years later relieving the initial senario.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I will pray for you J.

It is so heartbreaking to accept that we have no control over our loved ones problems. This applies in all situations with every relationship. I have learned to be a different and better person through my addiction. I was addicted to pain pills. I quit. I have been sober for 4+ years. I was taking 10+ 1,000milligram vicodins a day. Plus, smoking weed and drinking occasionally.
I was done being sick. I was done being stupid, unhappy, tired. I was done. I quit on my own but I did take time alone. I did remove myself from ALL of my old friends. Even my husband (who is my RAH heroin)... which my RAH started with pills and fun drugs. His addictions started in 7th grade.
Now, my husband went to teen challenge. He was unable to quit on his own. He has tried to quit for the last 3 years. It sometimes takes more than wanting it.
I cried a lot... for months and months. I was patient with myself and took a lot of alone time. If someone else said to me.. it me or your drugs... well... it probably would be the drugs. Don't be shocked if that happens. But, find out if this is something that you WILL live with the rest of your life.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My husband left 2 days ago. I personally went through mental, physical anguish but I am here and happy and sober. I have my kids, my apt., a car, respect. That is worth it for me. I don't even like to drink anymore. I just don't like NOT being sober.