Marchman Act

Old 01-12-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HusbandsKeeper View Post
Kari-Sue
The Nar-Anon meeting helped more than I can say. Give it a try. [U]Also please read my reply to the earlier thread. The Marchman Act could turn out disastrous, and has for some.
Where would I find that thread? I'm not sure which one you are talking about.

In the past I tried Nar-Anon. There were some things l liked about it but I stopped going because some of the cases were much worse than ours and it just made me so sad to hear it all every week.

Also, I am not a fan of the 12 step program and it was irritating to keep hearing the 12 step 'speak.' I mean it is fine for some but being an atheist I can't get into the 'give it over to God'. If there were a God, I don't believe he would allow families to suffer like this. For now we are just trying to go with individual counseling. Don't mean to put down what works for others but it isn't for me. I did like some of it like having numbers to call day or night for support. I kept the numbers.

Kari
Old 01-13-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Kari,

I hope you click with the therapist and it gives you some peace! I have said it on here before...but I am the poster child for therapy. I think the entire population would benefit from therapy!

Good Luck and God Bless!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Kari,

I hope you click with the therapist and it gives you some peace! I have said it on here before...but I am the poster child for therapy. I think the entire population would benefit from therapy!

Good Luck and God Bless!
I agree! It is too bad people don't get a therapy check up at least once a year like they do a medical exam.

Kari
Old 01-13-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I don't have large or overwhelming demons. But it sure would be nice to talk with someone with no emotional strings attached every once in a while - just to get a different perspective on daily life.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well the appointment went very well. I was a little stuck on what to do next and he helped with that. So we have a plan. Not an easy plan but what we must do.

Kari