Tomorrow is the day he leaves

Old 01-08-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is the day he leaves

Today he's going to talk to the admission officers at Teen Challenge and he should be going into the program tomorrow.

I'm glad that he is finally going. Yet, i'm sad i'm "losing" him again. It's a sacrifice at this point because things have been good. The pink cloud good... minus a few days in between where I know he has slipped up.

So, I should be excited and happy. I know it's a good thing. I also know that i'm going to miss him and things are changing again. The household has gotten use to him being there... and i'm sure the kids will be missing him again.

There is a 21 day black out but after that we will have contact. I'm just hoping and praying he stays in and gets in tomorrow and everything goes smoothly. This is an answer to prayer for him to get help.. long-term help and it's finally happening.

Thank you all for so much support. I certainly will be getting marriage counseling through this program and family support for everyone. I just pray things go smoothly and will keep everyone updated.

Thank you all in advance for rooting for success!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keepingitreal, I am praying for wonderful things to come for you and your family, that this truly will turn him around and that while he is getting the help he needs that you too get the help you need to find recovery for yourself. The emotional toll it takes is incredible and even though you will feel relief you may also feel a sense of loneliness which seems so odd but it can feel strange without him there.

I am so glad you are getting help for yourself and your family. Praying tomorrow goes well for everyone involved and at the end of it all, your family is in a much better place. Hugs.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so happy to hear of the family support. That is a great thing. I hope you can take some time during all of this to find peace and work on you. I understand the "pink cloud" I have had that at times too. I hope he finds recovery there. I think Teen Challenge is a great program.

Hugs.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He's sitting waiting at the place right now... and i'm in knots hoping they have the opening. Nothing is set in stone yet..

I'm in knots.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Breathe. It's going to be ok.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im praying for you keepinitreal.
Edited to take the G out of keeping. It would be nice if I got your name right!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you. He got in and texted me ... I'm so happy I got in. Leaving tomorrow. It's a miracle... okay. Calming down and gonna just keep being thankful.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So great that he got in! I have made suggestions to my adult children, for Teen Challenge, and that is where I think they belong. They just don't think so! LOL!

I love the aspects of the long term help...many need this as change takes time.

Let us know how it goes with updates. I am interested in hearing what a long term program, like this, entails.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

really pulling for you guys!!! here's to the BEST of outcomes!
Old 01-08-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I will keep posting and giving details. It did cost $ for him to get in for the initial contribution for the first month of living expenses. After that the people from the program will be funding him 100%. The questionnaire that they gave him seems like 1,000k questions long. They don't support psychiatrist subscribed meds as they don't have a psychiatrist on staff and the counselors are called mentors. They go through training but aren't registered. Each member is designated a mentor. 1:1
It's a huge focus on bible school and church involvement and there must be a belief that the christian God can deliver them from the way they were living in the past and the past in general. I'm not saying that addiction isn't a disease but sometimes when medications don't work.. faith does. Sometimes when faith doesn't work medication does. Everyone is different!!
I look at it as another chance for him and our family to not be destroyed by his heroin addiction. I would divorce him without any hope but this is giving me hope plus his willingness to do this. This wasn't something I forced on him.... it was an agreement he made 3.5 years ago if nothing else worked. Nothing else has stuck for more than 6 months and suboxin was a nightmare for us.
I will pray for your kids Txhelp. No one ever thought my AH would go into this type of program... EVER. But.. he is. It's a miracle.. and miracles happen apparently.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Im so happy to read your posts today. I know in a way it must be bittersweet for you - knowing he will be away for a long time, but eye on the prize for long term recovery and rebuilding yourselves and your family on a new and stronger foundation. Im glad to hear they offer marriage counseling and help for the whole family. He is doing exactly what we were told - if things are not working (medications, specific therapy, programs - whatever) then try something else. Its so great he is happy and enthused. Again that is what we were told: find a way to recover that excites you, brings hope back ! My prayers go out to all of you.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I was so emotional today and last night. I was trying not to cry and be upset... but I guess my mom is right and i'm going to miss him.

I'm grateful and happy he left but i'm going to miss him a lot. The next chapter has begun at 10 am this morning.