I feel like it's time to tell someone.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If there is a chance he may go there to live, she should be told and warned that he steals and to hide her own valuables and bank cards. She may be his mom but she may also be his next victim.

I am the mom of an addict, sadly I enabled far too long, and I didn't report my son's theft.

If I could change one thing about how I handled things it would have been that, I would have charged him with theft the very first time.

Good luck dear, hide your jewelry, checkbook, bank cards and valuable. As a mom, it was really sad to have to sleep with my purse and valuables under my pillow. As a spouse, I recommend finding a completely safe place, perhaps at your work if you work, where he cannot find them.

Hugs
Old 01-06-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Right now I have been hiding my wallet in my dresser drawer, underneath some clothes, where he never goes... at least not for now. I will try to find an even better place.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tootsie, when my son lived at home we were really insane trying to out-think each other. He would hide his stash of dope where he thought I could not find it and I would hide my prescriptions and valuables where I thought he could not find it...then we would each sneak around trying to find the other`s hidden treasures.

That`s how crazy addiction and codependency are. Today I would not allow anyone in my home that I could not trust completely.

Get a safety deposit box if nexessary, but hidden in a drawer would be about #2 place they look...right after under the bed. Even my underwear drawer was not safe enough.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

When my son was in high school, I used to hide the mouse to the computer while at work when the computer was taken away as a grounding. He once found it when I hid it in a shirt pocket of one of my husband's dress shirts. They are very smart and resourceful! The drawer would be the number 1 place to look!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well now my brother-in-law and mother-in-law know. My mother-in-law is coming over for dinner sunday night and we are going to make him take a drug test, so he will quit denying. Or at least, prove to ourselves we're not crazy. At least THAT is the plan, although I know he can refuse to take it, then i'm not sure what we'll do. She said she knows it's hard, because his father (who she is divorced from now) is/was an alcoholic.