Gratitude by Melody Beattie

Old 01-02-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gratitude by Melody Beattie

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity...Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.
— Melodie Beattie
Old 01-02-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this. I began writing in a gratitude journal nearly a year ago. Each night before I go to sleep I write 5 things I am grateful for. I truly believe this helps me to focus more on the positive things in my life. Despite the challenges of having an addicted son I recognize there is still so much to be thankful for in my life. I would recommend this simple act to anyone who is overwhelmed by their current circumstances. That Melody Beattie....she's a real smarty!!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lizwig, the other day I barely could drag myself out of bed but then by midday I started thinking about all the things I was grateful for just from the morning! An unexpected phone from a good friend of my son, taking down and putting away all my Christmas decorations without a hitch, a sense of calm and serenity along with a few other things. And then that gratitude led to thanking and praying to my hp which made me feel less overwhelmed.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

for me gratitude transformed a sense of Lack into a sense of Abundance. I have ALL I could ever need or want...I AM all I need.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Beautifully stated Anvilhead!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Gratitude is an attitude that will see me far, when I am feeling down and also when I am feeling up. I try to end each day with a simple prayer to say "thank You", nothing less nothing more just pure sweet gratitude for my life as I know it today.

Thanks for this reminder.

Hugs