Any happiness out there tonight?

Old 12-31-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any happiness out there tonight?

I had a rough 2 or 3 days with my AS but things are fairly calm now....at least till the next time.

That said, I'm drained and I was thinking it would be nice to hear some happy things that happened today for everyone.

Want to share?

Mine are:

My 8 year old granddaughter rode a two wheeler without training wheels for the first time today! It was incredibly cool. I was so excited about seeing her that I almost didn't see my 3 year old grandson 'pedal' his Big Wheel for the first time as well!

I had a delicious double Filet of Fish sandwich from McDonald's. (I try not to eat too much junk but hey it is a holiday)

Kari
Old 12-31-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

mine are pretty simple and somewhat sedate....

I had an easy breezy commute both ways....hardly anyone at the office, no crises, no deadlines, left early. home now, last night for the xmas lights and decorations. we'll be doing something with leftovers. i'm in house pj's. nowhere to go or be, except HERE and NOW. a blessed day off tomorrow. love those. not a bad year, nothing to resolve, no need for resolutions, tomorrow will bring what it brings.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
mine are pretty simple and somewhat sedate....

I had an easy breezy commute both ways....hardly anyone at the office, no crises, no deadlines, left early. home now, last night for the xmas lights and decorations. we'll be doing something with leftovers. i'm in house pj's. nowhere to go or be, except HERE and NOW. a blessed day off tomorrow. love those. not a bad year, nothing to resolve, no need for resolutions, tomorrow will bring what it brings.
Gosh, I loved just reading that! It sounds so relaxing.

I especially liked the part about no need for resolutions, tomorrow will bring what it brings. Very profound.

Enjoy your wonderful evening!

Kari
Old 12-31-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

All of my loved ones are alive. I had dinner with my husband's family and enjoyed the meal and company. I am on my bed with my dog who is snoring and at this minute, everything is ok in my world. Anvil hit the nail on the head-tomorrow will bring what it brings so I thank God for my happy moments.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a long,intricate, and detailed list of must do
resolutions for 2014......

......then I read Anvil's post.....crushed the paper sheet into a ball,
and tried a 10 foot shot at the trash basket....

....missed basket, tough crap, big deal......did not go over to pick it up
and try again.

ennui.peace.contentment.grace.

(if you wanna get something done, decide at 7:44pm on Aug 9th......structure your
life around what you want and make it happen......."resolutions" are BS. 1/1/14 is
like any other day........absolutely nothing special about it at all!)
Old 12-31-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

My washing machine finally passed away 2 weeks ago after years of good and faithful services (RIP). Today, my new washing machine finally got delivered. It took forever but I am thrilled. I had forgotten the "joys" of hauling my dirty laundry to the local laundromat including the battle of the lost/stuck quarters.
Really happy about it!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My night is good and peaceful. I have two friends came over with my little daughter too.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I slept through New Years, almost 11 blessed hours of sleep. Hubby and I broke down Christmas stuff this morning and I made a lasagna worth at least two extra pounds! Sober son had sober fun All was wonderful here at JJ's abode. Best news? NO HANGOVER!!!!!