When to let my guard down

Old 12-30-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When to let my guard down

My husband has been using suboxone the "right way" for about 4 months or so. Ive let him back in the house after going to his counseling appts and getting educated myself. To him, I am not letting my guard down quick enough. To be honest I feel he is selfish saying so. I need advice. I feel when the time is right, I will know it. I am just not there yet and I refuse to let him tell me when enough time has passed.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think you need advice. You have the answer.

I feel when the time is right, I will know it. I am just not there yet and I refuse to let him tell me when enough time has passed.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-31-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I support KindEyes comment. Trust your instincts; God gave them to you for a reason. Every. Single. Time. I have doubted them in my own life, it has not just bitten me in the a**, it has literally chewed half of it off.

TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS, TRUST YOURSELF.

So often, we have allowed our addicts to manipulate us into a spot where we doubt ourselves and our perception of reality that we can no longer determine which end is up. I am so very new to my own recovery; not his - we've been dancing this dance to varying degrees for 18 years; I don't know if my opinion is even worth listening to at this point - but I do know that trusting ourselves again is vital to our own recovery.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When you say your husband doesn't think you are "letting your guard down quick enough" what is he referring to?
Old 12-31-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He feels like we are just roommates. Right now, we are. I told him he does not have to stay or like it but this is the way it is until I feel it can be different. I can't change my feelings. At this point he has a lot of trust to earn back. It's vital in a healthy relationship.