Money wasted...

Old 01-08-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sometimes, it seems, God works best when the canvas is prepared...

(e.g. pockets empty)

So I'm glad that you are not a bajillionaire too, starfish 401.
......but I hope you don't freeze your butt off in the Ocean State this week!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'll tell ya Vale, it's been brutal out here. We got down to -15 one night with the wind chills. We're warming up today though, it's a balmy 29 degrees! I can finally remove a few layers when going out.

I guess I can't complain too much, though. I'd rather be in RI than ChiBeria or North Dakota! Brr.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I just signed up for the forum, and I came across this thread... having just had a little "what if" party in my head this morning. My AH stands to inherit a great deal of money at some point in the future, money that I know would be the absolute end all of him, of us, and our life altogether. He's used (to my knowledge) nearly $500 per month - that I know of- and no telling how much more that he has hidden from me. I think for him, and the past 2 1/2 years that I have ALWAYS confronted him from the "money" aspect of his addiction, he has begun to think that as long as I don't know he's spending $$, then I won't know he's using... oh well, bless his heart! Anyway, he actually told me a few months back (during a brief period of clarity and detox) that he could always get pills, whether he had money or not. Seeing what he has gone through in the last 3 years, and hearing him ask repeatedly about the "welfare of his uncle", it would all go to "you know where" in a "you know what" and QUICK! I have fought against the lie that tells me I am somehow keeping him from going off the deep end because I control all the finances, but I've come to accept that its not true. I have come to accept that by allowing our money to be held jointly, and being in control of that, I am only guaranteeing myself more undue stress and anxiety. Today, I am opening up my own account, at another bank, and as I get all my bills changed over, I know I will soon be able to hand off everything that belongs to him, to HIM... and my financial peace of mind can be restored.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Humblenumb,

Smart thinking!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I just didn't even realize that pills cost so much. It blew my mind when my parents told me this. My husband and I are both first responders, so that amount of money would be a lot for us!